Calendar and Schedules
The IEP consists of the same three semester terms (fall, spring, and summer) as all other Faulkner programs. However, unlike the semesters for other programs all three semesters for the IEP are 15 weeks in length. Each IEP semester begins with 7 weeks of classes followed by a one week break and then 7 more weeks of classes. All IEP semesters begin at the same time as the regular university schedule indicates.
The course schedule is the same regardless of competency level. The following table provides the schedule for each semester. Each course is taught daily Monday – Thursday. Each class session lasts for 1 hour and 20 minutes, the same duration as regular college classes at the university.
- Listening & Speaking I-IV – 8-9:20 a.m.
- Reading & Writing I-III and Academic Writing – 9:30-11 a.m.
- Lunch Break – 11:10 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Grammar I-IV – 1:40-2 p.m.
- Lab/Tutorials – Independent (5 hours per week)
- Electives – 2:10-3:30 p.m.