Is creating music one of your passions? Do you want to fine-tune your musical talent and learn how you can serve others as well as earn a living through music? You can with a Music degree from Faulkner University!
At Faulkner you can:
- Study under terminally-degreed faculty with years of field experience
- Integrate your faith through music
- Prepare for graduate school
- Pursue a teaching certification in music
- Find a career in performing music
- Perform at athletic games, concerts, Chapel and at special events on campus and around the city
- Audition for Chorus, Faulkner Singers, Eagles Marching Band, Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble, Brass Quintet and Woodwind Ensemble, and Color Guard
- Go on tour from Texas to Washington D.C. performing at schools and churches
- Perform in front of world-renowned dignitaries at our annual Benefit Dinner
- Be an active part of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME), the largest professional organization in the field
- Attend NAfME conferences annually
- Attend the Christian College Choral Festival on campus in 2019
- Recording studios
- Studying the professional private music instructors
- High school bands and choruses
Dr. Allen Clements serves as the director of choral activities. In 2004 he conducted the El Dorado Choral in a performance of Handel’s Messiah and, in 2005, he led the All-Region Senior High Mixed Choir at the Arkansas Choral Directors Association Southwest All-Region Choir Clinic/Concert. His reviews of choral compact disc recordings are regularly published in the Choral Journal. In 2009, Clements’ article “Minority Students and Faculty in Higher Music Education” was published in the Music Educators Journal.
Westley Schlundt studied music performance in guitar and violin at Faulkner University and graduated in 2012. He is the owner and founder of Central Alabama Suzuki Violin Association.
Derek Carnley – Jazz band teacher and works at the Montgomery School of Music. Graduated in April 2017 with a Bachelor of Arts in Music.
“The music department at Faulkner is a close-knit group. I knew each of my professors personally, and being with the other music majors was like being part of a family: everyone helped each other to succeed. Studying at Faulkner gave me the knowledge and experience I needed to teach, direct ensembles, perform on my instrument, and compose and arrange music in a professional environment.”
- Apply Now
- Find Your Major
- Biblical Studies
- Business and Executive Education
- Computer Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- History and Social Science
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Kinesiology & Exercise Science
- Legal Studies
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Great Books Honors Program