Faulkner University 2020 Commencement Ceremonies
Commencement Date: August 8, 2020Location:
Faulkner University, Tine Davis Gymnasium
5345 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, AL 36109
When arriving on campus, you will be directed to parking and the entrance to the gymnasium. All graduates and guests will enter at the main entrance on the south end of Tine Davis Gymnasium.
Please plan to arrive on campus in time to park and make your way to the gym ONE HOUR prior to the start of your ceremony.
Certainly, the pandemic continues to provide unparalleled challenges for organizations, businesses, schools, churches, families, and individuals. Given the contagious nature of COVID-19, we as a campus community are taking various steps to help lessen the risk of spreading the novel coronavirus. We, however, can only do so much…and even then we cannot guarantee that the virus won’t spread and that infections won’t result.
Commencement Participation Requirements and Procedures:
- These requirements are subject to change based on updated health orders from the Governor of Alabama, the State Health Officer, or the City of Montgomery. The University will endeavor to give our graduates timely notification of such changes as occur (so they can pass them on to their guests) but both they and you are ultimately responsible for being aware of and complying with such orders. The following websites should prove helpful: https://governor.alabama.gov/newsroom/covid-19/ ;
- Graduates may bring up to three (3) guests with them into the gymnasium for their commencement ceremony. Other guests may watch the ceremony on a screen provided in an overflow room in a separate building.
- All graduates and guests (five years old or older) must wear a cloth mask/face-covering that completely covers the nostrils and mouth UNLESS THEY ARE ABLE TO MAINTAIN A DISTANCE OF AT LEAST SIX (6) FEET FROM MEMBERS OF ANOTHER HOUSEHOLD. Those who do not comply with this requirement will not be allowed to enter (or remain in) either the gym or the over-flow room in a separate building. (Everyone should bring a face mask to make sure you can comply with this requirement.)
- All graduates and guests will go through a temperature check station before entering the gym or overflow room. Nobody will be allowed to enter the gym or the over-flow room (in a separate building) if they have a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
- The graduates and their three guests must enter at the same time. Guests will NOT be allowed to enter before or after the graduate has entered. There will be no re-entry. Anyone leaving will not be allowed back into the gymnasium. NO EXCEPTIONS!
The university and its guests and graduates are depending on you to act reasonably and to do your part in not placing others at risk of exposure or infection. PLEASE DO NOT come on campus if you answer “yes” to any of the following five questions.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 72 hours before the date of graduation? (“Close contact” means being closer than six (6) feet for more than fifteen (15) minutes regardless of whether either or both of you and the patient were wearing masks.)
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you experienced a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
8:30 A.M. Ceremony (CDT) - for students receiving the following degrees:
- Master of Arts Biblical Studies
- Master of Arts Christian Ministry
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Arts Christian Counseling
11:00 A.M. Ceremony (CDT) - for students receiving the following degrees:
- Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- Traditional Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
1:30 P.M. Ceremony (CDT) - for students receiving the following degrees:
- BCJ - Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts or Science in Speech Language Pathology
- Master of Justice Administration
- Master of Education
- Master of Science in Counseling
- Adult (EWP) Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
4:00 P.M. Ceremony (CDT) - for students receiving the following degrees:
- BSB - Bachelor of Science in Business
- HRM - Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration
To apply for graduation:
Click on the link below and fill out the google form. Your email & browser must be logged into your faulkner.edu gmail account to complete the form. It will automatically be delivered to the Registrar’s Office.
Undergraduate Application (Associates, Bachelors, One Year Programs)
Graduate Application (Masters & Doctorates)
If you have trouble submitting the application or have any questions related to graduation, please contact the Graduation Representative at 334-386-7247 or email@example.com.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
- Deadline to apply for August 2020 Graduation - July 15, 2020
You must apply and pay the graduation fee to initiate a degree audit of your academic record before you can be cleared for graduation. Once it is determined you have met all graduation requirements, your transcript will be updated to reflect the degree you have earned, and your diploma will be printed.
Your application and payment must be received prior to the application deadline for the term in which you complete your degree. The graduation fee does not include your regalia (cap & gown). Regalia is addressed in the section below. If you applied for the same degree in a previous semester, but the degree was not awarded, the re-application fee is only $15. Both the Graduation Application and Fee must be turned in by the posted deadline. Applications and Fees received after the deadline will be subject to an additional $50 late fee.
Graduation Application FAQs
When Do I Apply for Graduation?
You should apply during the semester you intend to complete all classes and degree requirements.
May 2020 Graduates - February 22, 2020
Should I wait to see if I pass all my classes before I apply for graduation?
No. Late applications may be denied, and/or result in your name not making it into the printed Commencement Program. Any application that is accepted after the deadline will cost an additional $50.
How do I know if I have met all my degree requirements?
You will need to speak with your adviser to insure that you have taken all necessary classes, completed the appropriate number of hours, and any other degree requirements.
Does the degree application fee ($150) cover the cost of my regalia?
No, the fee covers the degree audit and the cost associated with printing and mailing your diploma.
What is Regalia?
Regalia is your cap and gown. It must be ordered through Faulkner's Jostens Store.
Note: Graduates earning a Masters or Doctorate will receive their hoods at the ceremony, they will not come in the regalia package.
Can I borrow a friend's or relative's regalia?
The regalia gowns are specific to Faulkner University and the degree being received.
What should I wear to the graduation ceremony?
Dark clothing and sensible dress shoes are encouraged for all graduates. All loose shoes and extreme heels are strongly discouraged.
Can I wear anything on top of my robe?
Graduates are not allowed to wear adornments (awards/medallions/drapes/etc.) unless it is specified by your department and relative to your degree. Any adornments must be provided by Faulkner University and cannot come from any other source.
Can I bring my cell phone, camera, etc.?
Do not bring valuables (cameras, purses, cell phones) with you to the line-up. We cannot be responsible for valuables you leave behind while in the ceremony.
Are any hairstyles prohibited?
Hairstyles should be simple to allow caps to be worn flat on top of the head.
Regalia-Cap and Gown
Faulkner’s Jostens Store – graduates choose from four packages (Associate, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate) based on the level of degree they’re receiving in the ceremony.
NOTE – Graduates earning a Masters or Doctorate will receive their hoods at the ceremony, they will not come in the regalia package.
Friends For Faulkner will be selling roses and other Faulkner gifts on site for the graduation ceremony.
The Faulkner Eagle Spirit store will be selling diploma frames, stoles, tassels, zipper pulls, shirts and caps and many more items on site for graduation ceremony.
A picture will be taken of each graduate during the ceremony. An order form will be sent to your address along with your proof.
445 Opelika Road
P.O. Box 2550
Auburn, AL 36831
Announcements, Class Rings, Diploma Frames, etc.
Jostens is Faulkner’s official graduation partner. Visit Faulkner’s Jostens Store.