Spring 2023 Ceremony
Friday, May 5, 2023
- Tine-Davis Gymnasium, on the campus of Faulkner University
- 5345 Atlanta Highway, Montgomery, AL 36109
- Graduates must arrive to Tine-Davis Gymnasium one hour before the ceremony
8:30 AM - MBA & MSM Graduates
11:00 AM - Traditional Programs (Bachelor and Associate Degrees)
1:30 PM - PhD, MA, MED, MSC, MJA & EBCJ (One-Year)
4:00 PM - BBA, BSB, HRM (One-Year)
Remember to check your Faulkner email address for information about guests.
On May 5 th , Faulkner University will host 4 commencement ceremonies on its Montgomery campus (5345 Atlanta Hwy) at the Tine W. Davis Gymnasium. The ceremonies will be at 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 4:00 p.m.
- When arriving on campus, you will be directed to parking towards the Tine W. Davis Gymnasium
- All graduates will enter the multiplex main entrance on the east side of the gymnasium
- Graduates should arrive 1 hour prior to their ceremony
- Your allotted guests will enter at the main entrance on the south end of Tine W. Davis Gymnasium
- Additional guests may watch a livestream of the ceremony in the auditorium of the E.L. Cullom Rotunda (the Rotunda is the round building topped with a spire and is located just south of the gymnasium)
Please be aware that the University will comply with any mandates regarding COVID-19 that are enacted by the State of Alabama or the City of Montgomery between now and May 5. Please check this page for updates.
Graduation Information FAQs
When do I apply for graduation?
You should apply during the semester you intend to complete all classes and degree requirements.
May 2023 graduates - February 15, 2023 (application sent in January 2023)
August 2023 graduates - July 15, 2023 (application sent in May 2023)
December 2023 graduates - October 15, 2023 (application sent in August 2023)
Should I wait to see if I pass all my classes before I apply for graduation?
No. Late applications may be denied, and/or result in your name not making it into the printed Commencement Program. Any application that is accepted after the deadline will cost an additional $50.
How do I know if I have met all my degree requirements?
Am I eligible to graduate with honors?
Students in a one-year program (BBA, BSB, HRM, or BCJ) must graduate with an overall GPA of at least 3.75 to graduate with honors.
- Students meeting this requirement will receive the recognition of "With Honors" on their transcript and at the graduation ceremony.
Students in all other programs (Traditional and Adult) must graduate with an overall GPA of at least 3.5 to graduate with honors.
- Students meeting this requirement with an overall GPA of 3.5 - 3.649 will receive the recognition of "Cum Laude" on their transcript and at the graduation ceremony.
- Students meeting this requirement with an overall GPA of 3.65 - 3.899 will receive the recognition of "Magna Cum Laude" on their transcript and at the graduation ceremony.
- Students meeting this requirement with an overall GPA of 3.9 - 4.0 will receive the recognition of "Summa Cum Laude" on their transcript and at the graduation ceremony.
A student's overall GPA is calculated based on the GPA obtained from Faulkner University classes and the GPA obtained from other institutions the student attended.
Does the degree application fee ($150) cover the cost of my regalia?
No, the fee covers the degree audit and the cost associated with printing and mailing your diploma.
What is Regalia?
Regalia is your cap and gown. It must be ordered through Faulkner's Jostens Store.
Note: Graduates earning a Masters or Doctorate will receive their hoods at the ceremony, they will not come in the regalia package.
Can I borrow a friend's or relative's regalia?
The regalia gowns are specific to Faulkner University and the degree being received.
What should I wear to the graduation ceremony?
Dark clothing and sensible dress shoes are encouraged for all graduates. All loose shoes and extreme heels are strongly discouraged.
Can I wear anything on top of my robe?
Graduates are not allowed to wear adornments (awards/medallions/drapes/etc.) unless it is specified by your department and relative to your degree. Any adornments must be provided by Faulkner University and cannot come from any other source.
Can I bring my cell phone, camera, etc.?
No - do not bring valuables (cell phones, purses, cameras, etc.) with you to the line-up. We cannot be responsible for valuables you leave behind while in the ceremony.
Are any hairstyles prohibited?
Hairstyles should be simple to allow caps to be worn flat on top of the head.
Regalia-Cap and Gown
Faulkner’s Jostens Store – graduates choose from four packages (Associate, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate) based on the level of degree they’re receiving in the ceremony.
NOTE – Graduates earning a Masters or Doctorate will receive their hoods at the ceremony, they will not come in the regalia package.
The Faulkner Eagle Spirit store will be selling diploma frames, stoles, tassels, zipper pulls, shirts and caps and many more items on site for graduation ceremony.
A picture will be taken of each graduate during the ceremony. An order form will be sent to your address along with your proof.
Announcements, Class Rings, Diploma Frames, etc.
Jostens is Faulkner’s official graduation partner. Visit Faulkner’s Jostens Store.