The Student Success Office (SSO) assists students with academic advising and overall success in college.
Our focus is to help students transition to college, stay enrolled and attain a degree.
SSO oversees First Year Experience.
FOCUS2: Choosing a Major/Career Path
Faulkner University uses the FOCUS2 online assessment and career planning tool. Access is free for Faulkner students and alumni.
- Register as a first time user of FOCUS2. The access code is Eagles
- Log-in to FOCUS2 as a returning user.
People on campus who can help you with your FOCUS 2 Assessment results:
- Student Success Advisor: Michelle Otwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling Center: Michelle Bond email@example.com or Roxy Wishum firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Services: Marie Ottinger email@example.com
Tips for Choosing Your Major
Take the list of majors that Faulkner offers and cross off all that you are not interested in pursuing. For the majors that you are interested in…
- Talk to current majors in the departments of interest.
- Talk to faculty in the departments of interest.
- Conduct web searches (using Focus 2 as your starting point) on careers of interest to see the types of educational preparation that is recommended. Some careers require graduate school.
- Read about each major in the Faulkner Catalog. Read through the required classes-make note of any concerns/questions
- Log in to Focus 2 and research each major
- Check out http://whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major/
Come to our office in the Rotunda.
Office hours: M-F 8am-5pm.
Focus 2 Career Planning Tool: https://www.focuscareer2.com/Portal/Login.cfm?SID=1141
Access Code = Eagles