Welcome to Montgomery, the City of Dreams
Montgomery, Ala., is a great place to live while attending Faulkner University. Montgomery is a modern mid-size city (metro area population of more than 375,000) that is large enough to have urban amenities, internship and job opportunities, diversity and culture, while still maintaining the charm of a smaller town. Montgomery offers many fine churches where college students are welcome, so you are sure to find a place where you can grow spiritually and feel right at home.
Montgomery is in the heart of scenic Alabama, within easy driving distance of mountains, lakes and those famous white-sand Gulf Coast beaches. From hiking and camping to enjoying Broadway plays and beautiful shopping destinations, the Montgomery area has it all. History buffs will appreciate Montgomery’s prominent role in both the Civil War and the Civil Rights movement. While you won’t find a need to leave town often, when you do it’s nice to know that both Birmingham and Atlanta are easily accessible by interstate highways, giving you access to professional sports, big-name concerts, more shopping and major airports.
Getting to Faulkner University
The main campus of Faulkner University is located in Montgomery, Alabama.5345 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, AL 36109
Montgomery Fast Facts
• Alabama’s capital and second-largest city
• Home to Hyundai Motors’ first U.S. car manufacturing plant
• Montgomery is home to Maxwell AFB and Gunter Annex as well as the USAF Air University
• The Montgomery Biscuits baseball team is a Class AA affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays
• The Alabama Shakespeare Festival brings not only Shakespeare plays to Montgomery but also Broadway musicals, children’s productions and American classics
• Historical landmarks in Montgomery include Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. helped plan the Montgomery bus boycott and, just blocks away, the first White House of the Confederacy