The MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MANAGEMENT
While the current MSM program engages students with real-world experience in a concise, one-year accelerated schedule of courses, the newly-envisioned MSM format at Faulkner is designed around a two-year time frame for professionals who choose to complete this graduate degree at a normal rather than an accelerated pace, allowing such enhancements as face-to-face instruction in a residential environment and professional growth through internship opportunities.
Program Design & Structure
This graduate program of study is delivered at a pace that allows students to maintain full-time employment or equally demanding internships while benefiting from a significant, multi-faceted learning experience. The guided, managed internship allows students to bring their array of skills and learning to real-world situations in business.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
Admission to the Master of Science in Management program requires that all applicants meet the following criteria:
- Students must submit a completed graduate application.
- Students are required to submit a resume including education and work experience.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official copies of all transcripts must be received prior to consideration for admission and must be sent from each college or university attended directly to Graduate Enrollment at Faulkner University. Hand-delivered copies, photocopies, and print-outs of grade reports are not acceptable.
NOTE: Previously taken graduate courses are not transferable.
2021-2022 Financial Information
|Tuition||$500 per semester hour|
|Technology Fee||$50 per semester|
Faulkner University offers a graduate business and management degree program in an executive format for professionals who intend to expand their career horizons. The Master of Science in Management focuses on developing and enhancing business, leadership, and management skills through a curriculum that incorporates a managerial perspective with a futuristic approach to facilitate success in today's business world. The university, in this program, seeks to preserve the relationship between an executive-oriented educational experience and the dynamics of Christian belief through the inclusion of business ethics in the curriculum.
The MSM is a graduate business program designed primarily to establish, create, promote, and enhance careers that revolve around management, statistical and quantitative methodology for decision making, marketing, human resource management, and various general business areas. The MSM distinguishes itself with its innovative structure, curriculum, and schedule, enabling current and potential executives, managers, supervisors, and other professionals to earn an accredited master's degree.
The program is fast-paced and concise in its presentation, and the newly designed courses are engaging and challenging. Experiential learning in a collaborative environment sharpens the focus of each course. Students gain an understanding of corporate management, human resource management, marketing management, and statistical techniques for analyzing business decisions. Skill and proficiency gained in these areas and others enhance the careers of our MSM graduates.
It is structured to:
- Explore material with absorption, assimilation, and practical applications within each course topic
- Benefit from rewarding internships and the collaboration opportunities in residential instruction
- Pursue an optional emphasis in Business Analytics
- To prepare one for employment and advancement in a wide range of positions requiring graduate business education.
- To enhance one's knowledge and skills for management functions.
- To develop one’s understanding and appreciation for statistical and quantitative reasoning.
- To enhance one's knowledge of current managerial practices and trends.
- To augment one's skills in critical thinking and decision-making for strategically positioning the institution or organization.
- To strengthen one's capacity to be effective in human resource management through the understanding of skills essential for executive decision making.
- To prepare the manager for crisis management under varied circumstances.
- To develop one’s awareness of group dynamics and organizational behavior.
Average Student Class Size