Our Master of Education program allows you to learn the skills and values that will enhance your career. Our curriculum combines professional courses with teaching field courses for a well-rounded curriculum. As a result, you become a more efficient, effective educator, with enhanced abilities to lead classrooms and design school curricula.
The purpose of the Curriculum and Instruction program is to increase candidates’ knowledge in advanced pedagogy and instruction, assessment and technology within the context of a content area. The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction has five concentration areas available and one general track.
Curriculum and Instruction, general
Curriculum and Instruction, concentration in Elementary K-6 Pedagogy
Curriculum and Instruction, concentration in Secondary 6-12 Biology Pedagogy
Curriculum and Instruction, concentration in Secondary 6-12 History Pedagogy
Curriculum and Instruction, concentration in Secondary 6-12 Mathematics Pedagogy
Curriculum and Instruction, concentration in Secondary 6-12 English/Language Arts Pedagogy
In order to receive advanced pay in the state of Alabama, the student must choose the concentration area that matches their Class B certification area.
Upcoming program start date: June 29, 2020
Applicants with an incoming GPA between 2.5 and 2.74 must submit a passing score from one of the following:
- A 281 or above on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or a score of at least 370 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- Students whose first language is not English must also provide a passing score on the TOEFL. A score of 500 is required of all students for whom English is a second language.
Applicants must submit a statement of approximately 250 words specifying personal goals for their life
as a master teacher and how their teaching and influence will impact the lives of others.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work,
professional experience, and ability to successfully complete graduate study. The letters are usually from the applicant’s faculty members or supervisory personnel.
Summary of Required Application Materials
• Completed Application
MASTER OF EDUCATION
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
• Official transcripts from all schools attended
• Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a
minimum GPA of 2.5
• Passing scores on the GRE OR the MAT if GPA is between 2.5-2.74. If GPA is 2.75 or
above, a GRE OR MAT score is not required.
• Personal statement of lifetime goals (250 words)
• Three (3) letters of recommendation
• Signed Acknowledgement Form (PDF)
Tuition - $555 per semester hour
- Apply Now
- Online Master’s Degrees
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Counseling and Family Ministry
- Christian Ministry
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Elementary Education Class A Certification
- Elementary Education – Alternative A
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Justice Administration
- School Counseling