Online bachelor degree programs give you the flexibility you need to further your education without neglecting life’s responsibilities. When you earn your forensic psychology degree online at Faulkner University, you’re more than a number. Our faith-based, whole-person approach to education helps you achieve all of your goals, whether you’re a recent high school graduate, a busy parent ready to re-enter the workforce, or a 9-to-5 professional seeking a career change.
Our online forensic psychology degree program provides the fundamental education and skills of a typical undergraduate degree in psychology, along with a strong understanding of criminal justice. Students explore criminal behavior, interrogation techniques, and other areas of forensics, and learn how to apply these skills to the core principles of psychology. All of our online bachelor degree programs include courses in math, science, technology, English, and communication, as well as classes that focus on personal, social, Christian, and cultural heritage literacy skills.
Careers in Forensic Psychology
Professionals who are specially trained in forensics usually work in courtrooms, law enforcement agencies, and correctional facilities. However, these professionals may also serve in government and private sectors as consultants, instructors, and rehabilitation specialists. Many students pursue a master’s or doctorate to expand their opportunities. Common career paths in forensic psychology include:
- Expert Witnesses: Testify in court proceedings regarding a person’s mental condition and well-being to help determine risks, sentencing, and treatments.
- Trial Consultants: Advise legal professionals on trial preparation, strategies, and presentation techniques. Forensic professionals often provide insight on jury selection.
- Criminal Behavior Analysts: Review interrogation records and criminal reports for patterns that may indicate criminal intent or behavior. Analysts work with law enforcement and legal professionals.
- Criminal Assessment and Rehabilitation Providers: Work within courtrooms, correctional facilities, mental health offices, and private practices to provide mental health assessments before or after court proceedings, and to deliver effective treatment and rehabilitation services based on their evaluations.
- Forensic Psychology Researchers: Perform evidence-based investigations on various legal matters to assist organizations, such as legal firms, government agencies, and private offices, with decisions regarding training, policy changes, and court rulings.
Only at Faulkner University
We believe there’s more to higher education than simply earning a degree. Faulkner University students have the opportunity to grow spiritually, emotionally, and academically, even when they earn their degrees online. We are a non-profit institution, committed to glorifying God in everything we do, and we are dedicated to helping each of our students find and fulfill their individual purpose in Christ. When you earn your forensic psychology degree online at Faulkner University, you enjoy:
- Well-qualified instructors in the fields of psychology and criminal justice
- Personalized attention and genuine care
- Over 70 years of higher education experience
- Strong and supportive Christian environment
- Excellent educational value with opportunities for financial aid
- An experience that transforms the whole person, not just the mind
- Must be a high school graduate with a regular or advanced diploma or have a GED certificate
- If out of high school for less than five years, ACT (minimum 18 composite) or SAT (minimum 970) scores are required. ACT or SAT scores are not required for anyone having graduated high school more than five years ago.
- ACT or SAT scores are not required for transfer applicants with a minimum of 24 transferable hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
Summer 2020-Spring 2021
|Adult – Montgomery Campus||$325 per semester hour|
|Adult/AA – Birmingham Extension Center||$310 per semester hour|
|Adult/AA – Huntsville Extension Center||$155 per semester hour|
|Adult/AA – Mobile Extension Center||$325 per semester hour|
|Military Qualified Students (60 hours or less)||$250 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$300 per semester ($200 if 11 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$65 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|
If enrolling as a traditional student, please see the full tuition and fee schedule for applicable rates.