Humanities Online Program
Faulkner University’s online Bachelor of Arts in Humanities will help you explore different interdisciplinary areas of study within the social sciences. At Faulkner University, we do this through online courses in philosophy, literature, the arts, foreign languages, and the cultural heritage of the West, while analyzing these fields through a faith-based lens.
The primary goal of an online humanities degree is to have students gain exceptional critical thinking and writing skills, and broaden their understanding of the complex layers of society. The humanities equip you with the ability to analyze social interactions, the importance of diversity, and teach you how to communicate effectively.
Our Bachelor of Arts in Humanities degree has several benefits:
- All classes in the program are available entirely online
- The degree consists of 40 courses—course length is eight weeks
- Depending on course load, you can complete the degree in three to four years
- Most courses are not sequential, offering flexibility in your schedule
- The degree has a Great Books curriculum
Looking for an excellent foundation for your education? Along the way, you will learn critical skills that are essential for success in today’s job market. You will become a better reader, writer, speaker, and thinker—qualities in demand from nearly every professional employer. The online classroom lets you study at your own pace, which allows you to keep your current commitments while you enhance your career.
Utilizing Your Degree
What can you do with a degree from the Department of Humanities? Basically anything! Our graduates are in business, medicine, the law, and many other fields. If the hard sciences aren’t for you, you can take a creative approach with your education and work in areas such as theater, journalism, advertising, public administration, and teaching. With our faith-based lens curriculum, this degree can also serve as a launching pad for work in Christian ministry or biblical studies.
If you are interested in pursuing additional higher education, we have designed our bachelor’s degree to fit naturally into our humanities graduate program. This online master’s degree allows students to continue their studies with a more comprehensive approach. While other majors can limit students to just one area of expertise, a degree in humanities enables students to truly explore an interdisciplinary education.
Prospective students enrolling in the Bachelor of Arts in Humanities program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate with a regular or advanced diploma or have a GED certificate
- If out of high school for less than five years, ACT (minimum 18 composite) or SAT (minimum 970) scores are required. ACT or SAT scores are not required for anyone having graduated high school more than five years ago.
- ACT or SAT scores are not required for transfer applicants with a minimum of 24 transferable hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
2022-2023 Financial Information
|Adult – Montgomery Campus||$325 per semester hour|
|Adult/AA – Birmingham Extension Center||$310 per semester hour|
|Adult/AA – Huntsville Extension Center||$155 per semester hour|
|Adult/AA – Mobile Extension Center||$325 per semester hour|
|Military Qualified Students (60 hours or less)||$250 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$350 per semester ($250 if 11 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$70 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|
If enrolling as a traditional student, please see the full tuition and fee schedule for applicable rates.