Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences (PhD HS)
The PhD in Health Sciences in an accelerated, fully online doctoral program designed to prepare healthcare practitioners for advanced roles in administrative, academic, and clinical environments. The program challenges the student to examine the current state of healthcare both locally and globally; apply sophisticated knowledge of research design, biostatistics, and epidemiology to the literature of their core discipline; develop ethical leadership skills for inter-professional environments; and design and conduct original research in healthcare.
This fully online graduate program consists of 10 didactic courses totaling 30 credit hours, followed by 5 dissertation courses totaling 15 credit hours. Students can complete the didactic phase in just 1 year, and the dissertation phase in as little as 6 months. Students may begin the program at 10 entry points during the year. The program is designed to allow working healthcare professionals to complete their degree while maintaining their full-time jobs.
Program Admissions Requirements
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the PhD HS program must meet the following admission requirements:
- A completed graduate application
- A graduate degree (such as a master’s or clinical doctorate) with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited university in a field related to health sciences pending the director’s approval.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be submitted. Official (unopened) transcripts must be received. Hand-delivered copies, photocopies, and printouts of a grade report are not acceptable.
- A resume which includes both education and work experience.
- A letter of intent summarizing your career, goals for pursuing a PhD, and research interest areas.
- Three letters of recommendation from a combination of former professors and work supervisors.
*The PhD HS Program is pending SACS approval
|Tuition||$730 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$300 per semester ($200 if 5 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$70 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|
- Graduate Degrees
- Master in Biblical Studies
- Master in Christian Ministry
- Master of Arts in Family Life Ministry
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master in Counseling
- Master in Curriculum Instruction
- Master in Elementary Education Class A Certification
- Master in Elementary Education Alternative A
- Master in Humanities
- Master in Justice Administration
- Master in Physician Assistant Studies (MS-PAS)
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Education School Counseling
- Master in Speech Language Pathology (MSLP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences (PhD HS)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities Graduate Degrees