As a Christian institution of higher education, Faulkner University’s Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) program reflects our efforts to study and communicate the knowledge of God’s Word and to foster professional ministry that draws on a deep understanding of the Christian principles and ethics that shape the university’s mission.
The Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) program provides a strong core curriculum with a biblical emphasis. The program provides a strong preparation for effective service in the church and a solid foundation for additional training in biblical studies.
The primary objective of the MA(BS) program is to prepare students for employment within the field of preparation or a closely related field, or entrance into additional graduate studies, as assessed by a database of graduates, as well as feedback from churches.
The primary student learning outcome for the program is for graduates to demonstrate knowledge of the biblical text and effectiveness in research, as assessed by GPA, and score on the comprehensive examination.
This graduate program requires 36 semester hours of coursework, which may or may not include a thesis. To continue in the program a MA(BS) student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. MA(BS) courses are offered both through traditional classroom delivery and through distance learning online.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed Application.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; you must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. At least one recommendation must be from a church leader.
- A goals statement of at least 1000 words specifying personal goals and stating ways that the Master of Arts program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals. Include in this goals statement: (1) background preparation for the degree; (2) basis for the choice of the KGST; (3) spiritual and academic goals; (4) impact of the degree sought on financiers and personal, employment, and family time. A student must obtain a score of 40 or above (out of 60 possible points) as partial qualification for admission.
A maximum of six semester hours can be transferred into the M.A. (Biblical Studies) program from a regionally accredited institution. Transfer hours must be approved by the dean of biblical studies.
2019-2020 Financial Information
|Tuition||$550 per semester hour|
|Eagle I Initiative Fee||$100 per semester ($50 if 3 hours or less)|
|Registration Fee||$120 per semester ($60 if 3 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$60 per semester hour|
|Emergency Response Fee||$10 per semester, if at least one course is on campus|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|