Faulkner University’s online Master of Arts in Humanities program guides graduate students through a thorough curriculum that explores the themes of the Great Books of the Western Tradition and their relationship with Christian thought. The program will challenge your ability to think critically, creatively and analytically while instilling you with the written and oral communication skills required to exhibit the knowledge attained through your studies. Like all of Faulkner’s programs, the online Master of Arts in Humanities program is based firmly on our mission and values to provide a comprehensive, faith-based education.
How Does the Program Work?
This program, which is designed to stimulate students on both an intellectual and spiritual level, taps into the teachings of the Great Books of the Western Tradition to spur thought-provoking discussions with highly qualified tutors. Here are the course’s primary elements:
- One foundation course exploring the history and philosophy of human learning
- Five comprehensive core courses tackling the subjects of philosophy, religion and more
- Four independent tutorials that focus on your unique research interests, such as humanities, literature, religion, history or philosophy
- Thesis course requiring students to demonstrate understanding of the concepts examined throughout the program’s coursework
- Online discussions with fellow students at designated times
Why Pursue Humanities?
While the program is designed to prepare students for doctoral studies in such disciplines as history, humanities, literature, philosophy and religion, these studies also bolster communication, writing, problem solving and critical thinking skills that can open doors to numerous career opportunities. Paths taken by humanities graduates may include:
- Teaching positions
- Missionary work
- Travel-related careers
- Museum curators
Remember that these are just a few of your options – don’t hesitate to meet with your adviser for further guidance.
Study Humanities at Faulkner University
Seeking further schooling, but unable to attend on-campus courses? Faulkner’s online degree programs offer the perfect opportunity to continue your studies without stepping away from your daily life. Apply today or contact us to learn more.
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts in Humanities program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed Application
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university; you must provide transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Acceptable test scores on graduate admissions exams, including the GRE (a combined verbal and quantitative score of 297 or above) or MAT (400 or greater). Exam results cannot be more than five years old and must be forwarded directly to Faulkner from the testing service.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. The letters are often from the applicant’s faculty members or supervisory personnel.
- A statement of goals and interest specifying the applicant’s interest in the program, as well as the applicant’s academic and professional background in preparation for graduate study (approximately 300 words).
- Approval by the director of the Master of Arts in Humanities program.
2021-2022 Financial Information
|Tuition||$475 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$300 per semester ($200 if 5 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$70 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|