Today’s elementary, middle and high school students struggle with more issues than ever. With a Master of Education School Counseling, you will be prepared to adequately serve youth with the professional tools necessary to assist with social, academic and family situations.
This 56 hour program is fully online except for clinical training which will be held on the Montgomery campus. If proof of a previous background check was not provided in the admissions process it must be completed before beginning practicum and internship. For certification, students must maintain a 3.25 GPA in all “COU” coursework. Additionally for certification, a passing score must be achieved on the Praxis II before beginning the internship (5421 with passing score of 151).
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
Prospective students enrolling in the Master of Education School Counseling program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed graduate application
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; you must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Passing scores on the MAT (at least 370) or GRE (at least 280). Exam results cannot be more than five years old and must be forwarded directly to Faulkner from the testing service.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. The letters are usually from the applicant’s faculty members or supervisory personnel.
- A goal statement (approximately 600 words) specifying the applicant’s personal goals for their professional development as a school counselor and future employment in the field. The statement should include a rationale for attending Faulkner University to help reach their goals as well as a description of previous professional experience and how that experience will support them in the program and professional field of counseling.
- Valid class A or B Alabama teaching certificate
- Completed form from principal or other school official verifying 2 years of full-time acceptable professional educational work experience
- Proof of criminal background check (if one already has been completed, if not please refer to the academics section for further instruction).
Tuition and Fees
Summer 2020-Spring 2021
|Tuition||$555 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$300 per semester ($200 if 5 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$65 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|
- Apply Now
- Online Master’s Degrees
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Counseling and Family Ministry
- Christian Ministry
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Elementary Education Class A Certification
- Elementary Education – Alternative A
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Justice Administration
- School Counseling