Jump start your college career with dual-enrollment courses at Faulkner University! This program allows high school students to take college classes and earn college credit while fulfilling high school class requirements.
- Be at least a high school sophomore
- Complete an application for admission and pay the $25 application fee.
- Submit a high school transcript with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 OR an ACT composite score of 22 or higher
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the high school counselor, principal, or home-school leader
You must be accepted into the Dual Enrollment program before registering.
Faulkner University offers 3 different branches of Dual Enrollment. Please choose from the following options:
- On Campus Dual Enrollment – Students attend actual college classes on Faulkner’s campus.
- Online – Students take courses via the internet.
- On-Site Dual Enrollment – Students take courses on their high school campus:
- Alabama Christian Academy
- Edgewood Academy
- Jefferson Christian Academy
- Mobile Christian School
- Prattville Christian Academy
- Madison Academy
- Montgomery Public Schools
- Students from MPS will need to submit a high school transcript with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA, official ACT score at least 20 composite, letter of recommendation from guidance counselor or principal, and take English Placement Test in order to register for the English Composition I class (EH 1301).
Students can register for one class per semester at the discounted rate. A second class in the same semester is not discounted. Students may take a class in the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Registration requirements for Dual Enrollment Mathematics classes
You must take the Math placement test. Placement testing can be done in our Instructional Support Lab located on our Montgomery campus in Brooks Hall Room 405 during office hours.
Students will NOT have to take placement tests if they have at least a 20 in the Math section of the ACT (for Math placement into MH 1338 – Finite Math).
Upcoming registration dates:
FALL 2018 REGISTRATION: August 1, 2018
What are students saying about the program?
“The work is tougher and more rewarding. Faulkner is a wonderful small community with professors that care about their students.” – Anthony Bianchi
“I absolutely LOVE the whole ‘dual enrollment’ deal. It is such a blast! I have made some fun friends and I just love the teacher I have. The “mean college teacher” stereotype has completely left me because of how awesome the teachers here are!” – Kim Hunt
View our online catalog of class descriptions and degree offerings.
As a Dual Enrollment student at Faulkner University, we offer a fast-track application process that is designed for students just like you. Simply let us know that you intend to apply for admission as a full-time student, and we’ll roll your application over for you. No need to re-apply or pay an application fee!
Please Contact the Dual Enrollment office with further questions by email, phone (334) 386-7876, or by fax at (334) 386-7877.