Military Students and Dependents

Faulkner provides military members, veterans, their spouses and dependents educational opportunities at all levels from undergraduate to doctoral.

Resources for military students or a military dependents

GI Bill at Faulkner

The Department of Veterans Affairs will make the final determination of eligibility based on official service records, evidence submitted by the student, and all applicable veterans’ laws.

To contact the VA, call 1-888-442-4551 or
Go to 

Getting Started

Once you know which benefit you will be using, you are ready to enroll in school. Follow the checklist below and print out the corresponding New Student Paperwork that applies to you. Keep copies of everything for your own records.

(Returning students contact your School-Certifying Official.)

Next Steps

Once your initial paperwork is complete, the process is essentially the same for each semester:

  • Contact Faulkner’s School Certifying Official (SCO) at your campus.
    • Montgomery – (334) 386-7146 or (800) 879-9816, ext. 7146
    • Birmingham – (205 879-5588 or (888) 816-2776
    • Huntsville – (256) 830-2626 or (888) 816-2775
    • Mobile – (251) 380-9090 or (888) 816-2777
  • Complete Registration for Classes.
  • We cannot certify your enrollment until you are actually enrolled.
  • Tell your SCO that you are registered for classes.
  • Chapters 30, 1607, 1606 verify your attendance (on the last day of each month) by calling (877) 823-2378, or go to WAVE (our recommendation)

Contact your SCO of any possible major or schedule changes to determined how these changes will affect your VA benefits.

Military Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance Program Overview

Top-Up (TATU)

GoArmyEd Instructions (for Active Duty Army, Army Reservists, and Active Guard Reserve students)
Virtual Armory Instructions (for MDay Alabama National Guard Members)

Other Branches of Service should contact their Education Service Office

ANGEAP – Alabama National Guard Education Assistance Program (not available on-line, contact financial aid)

MyCAA – My Career Advancement Accounts For Spouses
Faulkner Contact: Call 334-386-7146

ROTC (Explanation of Program)
Faulkner University has a cross-enrollment agreement with AUM and AL State University. ROTC students can attend Faulkner and enroll in ROTC classes on those campuses.

Fry Scholarship (for children of service members killed in action after 9/11)

Troops to Teachers (U.S. Department of Education and Department of Defense program)

AL GI Dependent’s Scholarship
(State VA Program)
Private Schools are excluded from this program by law.

Frequently Asked Questions