Faulkner University's Dual Enrollment Program
Jump start your college career with dual-enrollment courses at Faulkner University! This program allows high school students to take college classes and earn college credit while fulfilling high school class requirements.
New Student Admission Requirements
- Be at least a high school sophomore
- Complete an application for admission and pay the $25 application fee
- Submit a high school transcript with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 OR an ACT composite score of 22 or higher (unofficial can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the high school counselor, principal, or home-school leader (This can be emailed to email@example.com)
- Submit a copy of your social security card (this can be uploaded into the application portal)
*You must be accepted into the Dual Enrollment program before registering*
If you are a current dual enrollment student and would like to enroll for the next semester, please take a look at our course options here: Dual Enrollment Class Selection – Faulkner University.
When you have selected a primary and secondary course request, please email class requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will review your request and reach out to you as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 334-386-7876.
Please select your school to learn more about your course options:
- Alabama Christian Academy
- Jefferson Christian Academy
- Madison Academy
- Mobile Christian School
- Faulkner University, Birmingham Campus
- Valiant Cross
Students can register for one class per semester at the discounted rate. A second class in the same semester is not discounted. Students may take a class in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Upcoming Registration Dates
Summer/Fall Registration Opens: TBD
Deadline to Register: TBD
Tuition and Fees
|Financial Information for 2023 - 2024
|On Campus (1st course each semester)
|$90 per semester hour
|On Campus (additional courses each semester)
|$755 per semester hour
|Off site (high school)
|$310 per course
|*Additional Fees may apply* See full Tuition and Fee Schedule
*Online courses must be approved by the director
Faulkner University offers 2 methods of taking Dual Enrollment classes:
- On Campus Dual Enrollment – Students attend actual college classes on Faulkner’s campus.
- On-Site Dual Enrollment – Students take courses on their high school campus. (For more information, please see the Partnership Schools section at the top of this page and select your school from the dropdown.)
For information on setting up your Faulkner account, Faulkner email, viewing grades, and more, please view our helpful information page here:
Spring 2024 Course Options:
- Our spring schedule can be found here:
- On-ground courses beginning with 1000 through 2000 (ex. EH 1301) are available for a dual enrollment course request. Online courses are currently unavailable. Any exceptions to this rule must be approved by the Director of Dual Enrollment.
- All dual enrollment students must meet the admissions requirements as well as the prerequisite requirements (if any) for their selected course.
For math courses: You must take the Math placement test. Placement testing can be done in our Academic Center for Excellence located on our Montgomery campus in Brooks Hall Room 405 during office hours. **Students will NOT have to take placement tests if they have at least a 20 in the Math section of the ACT (for Math placement into MH 1338 – Finite Math).**
Once you have selected a course to submit for approval, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the course title, teacher, and timeframe you prefer. Please select a primary and secondary request in case your preferred course is unavailable. We will review your request and contact you as soon as possible about your next steps.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 334-386-7876. We are happy to help!
What are students saying about the program?
“The work is tougher and more rewarding. Faulkner is a wonderful small community with professors that care about their students.” – Anthony Bianchi
“I absolutely LOVE the whole ‘dual enrollment’ deal. It is such a blast! I have made some fun friends and I just love the teacher I have. The “mean college teacher” stereotype has completely left me because of how awesome the teachers here are!” – Kim Hunt
As a Dual Enrollment student at Faulkner University, we offer a fast-track application process that is designed for students just like you. Simply let us know that you intend to apply for admission as a full-time student, and we’ll roll your application over for you. No need to re-apply or pay an application fee!
If you have any questions, please contact the Dual Enrollment Office by email, phone (334) 386-7200, or by fax at (334) 386-7137. We look forward to hearing from you!
- About Faulkner
- Where is Faulkner?
- Shop Online Store
- Three-Year Master Calendar
- Consumer Information
- Faculty and Staff
- Human Resources
- University Communications
- Alumni & Friends
- Friends for Faulkner