I’m currently registered as a dual enrollment student…..now what?
Beginning your college career can be tricky and a little confusing. Here are a few tips that will help you as you begin your exciting journey of dual enrollment at Faulkner!
- Create your Faulkner account before attending class your first day. Go to https://secure.faulkner.edu/accounts. You will need your Faulkner Student ID number (if you don’t know your Faulkner Student ID number, send an email to email@example.com, and we will provide it to you), date of birth, and last four digits of your social security number. NOTE: Your user name will be studentID@faulkner.edu. Your default password will be a combination of your date of birth (MMDD) and the last four digits of your social security number. The form will also ask you to change the default password to one of your own choosing. Make sure it’s something you can remember…..you’ll need it later.
- If your class meets in a computer lab on campus, you will need to have this step completed before the first day of class. Make sure to bring your Faulkner student ID # and password to class so you can login to the computer.
- Check your Faulkner email account often. Email is the official communication medium at Faulkner University. This is how you will be notified about what’s going on on-campus as well as pertinent class information from your instructor. To check your Faulkner email, go to www.gmail.com. Your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The password for your email is the same password used to create your Faulkner account in the bullet point above. See….I told you you’d need it later.
- Pick up a FREE parking decal. The Faulkner Police Department can issue you a FREE parking decal to display if you are planning on parking on campus during class. Their headquarters is located in the student apartment complex, building 6103. You will want to bring your Faulkner student ID #, vehicle information (make, model, and tag number) that you will be parking on campus, and car insurance information in order to obtain a decal in-person. The Faulkner Police personnel will advise you of where the commuter parking lots are located. Parking incorrectly (or without a decal) may result in a $50 fine. Decals are valid for one year and should be renewed each fall.
- Order your textbook. Textbooks are not included in the price of tuition and should be purchased by the first week of class. Faulkner does not have an on-campus bookstore. To view the required textbook for your class, check out our online bookstore: https://faulkner.ecampus.com/. Using your Faulkner student ID # and course number, you should be able to see what textbook requirements are needed and order accordingly..
- Pay your tuition. You may make your payment online here, mail a check or money order to the address below, or drop it off at our Student Accounts Office in Rotunda Room 100. For questions about your payment and/or account balance, please contact the Student Accounts office at (334) 386-7165.
- Check your Faulkner grade. To check your Faulkner grades, you may login to your account at www.my.faulkner.edu. Your user ID is your Faulkner Student ID # and your password is the same password created in the first bullet point.
- Struggling in the class, questions about the class material, and absences? The student needs to communicate with the instructor about any and all academic issues.
- Need a Faulkner transcript? You can login to www.my.faulkner.edu to view your grades and print an “unofficial” transcript. To request an official Faulkner transcript, go to www.getmytranscript.org. There is a processing fee for all transcripts. Just need one for your high school? A grade report will be sent to your high school automatically by our Registrar’s office at the end of the semester. No need to request it.
- Not working out? Need to drop the class? Please notify the dual
- enrollment office by email as soon as possible if you need to drop the class. Simply not showing up or not paying for the class does NOT automatically withdraw you.
For any other questions, feel free to contact the dual enrollment office by email at email@example.com, by phone at (334) 386-7200, or in-person in the Undergraduate Admissions Office - Harris College of Business Suite 102.