The Center for Disability Services: Project Key (CDS) acknowledges that individuals with temporarily disabling conditions that are a result of injuries, surgery or short-term medical conditions may need access to services and resources similar to individuals with permanent disabilities.
Examples of temporary disabilities
- Broken limbs
- Hand injuries
- Short-term impairments following surgery / medical treatments
When requesting accommodations for a temporary disability, the student must submit documentation to CDS indicating:
- The type of disability
- Estimated duration of the disabling condition
- Adverse side effects caused by medications
- Recommended accommodations
Documentation should be recent enough to identify current limitations. Accommodations stop once the temporary disability has ceased to exist.
How to register with CDS
- Download and fill out the Intake form
- Download and fill out the Release / receipt form
- Gather required documentation
- Make an appointment for an interview with the Disability Services Coordinator.
- Phone number: 334-386-7185
- Fax number: 334-386-7124
- Students not attending the Montgomery campus may also request a computer mediated interview (ex. Skype) or a telephone interview.
- For the interview bring the completed intake form, release/receipt form, and documentation. If you are not attending the Montgomery campus please fax the information to the office.
- Accommodations will be based off the interview and the documentation provided.