Master of Arts in Christian Counseling and Family Ministry
The Master of Arts in Christian Counseling and Family Ministry (MACC) program is an interdisciplinary program taught jointly by the graduate faculties two academic units of Faulkner University. The curriculum includes five family studies courses from the Kearley Graduate School of Theology and seven counseling courses from the Alabama Christian College of Arts and Sciences, for a total of 36 semester hours credit. The MACC is designed for church workers who do not seek licensure, but who provide ministerial counsel and family guidance.
Family Ministry Courses – 15 hours (five courses)
BI 5384 Family Dynamics
BI 5380 Family Strengths – Theoretical Foundations
BI 5381 Individual Development and Family Relations – or – COU 6320 Life Span Development
BI 5382 Family Research Methods – or – COU 6365 Research Methods
COU 6315 Marriage and Family Theory
Counseling Courses – 18 hours (six courses)
COU 6345 Counseling in the Community
COU 6395 Suicide Intervention and Counseling
COU 6370 Integrations of Theology and Counseling
COU 6350 Group Counseling
COU 6385 Substance Abuse Counseling
COU 6340 Analysis of the Helping Relationship
Experiential Learning – 3 hours (one course)
BI 5353 Supervised Practice of Ministry
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts in Christian Counseling and Family Ministry program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed graduate application for admission.
- Hold bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended.
- Submit three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study, with least one of the recommendations from a church leader.
- A goals statement of at least 400 words specifying personal goals and stating ways that the Master of Arts program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals.
A maximum of six semester hours can be transferred into the M.A. program from a regionally accreditation institution. Transfer hours must be approved.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
Tuition and Fees
2018-2019 Financial Information
|Tuition||$550 per semester hour|
|Eagle I Initiative Fee||$100 per semester ($50 if 3 hours or less)|
|Registration Fee||$120 per semester ($60 if 3 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$60 per semester hour|
|Emergency Response Fee||$10 per semester, if at least one course is on campus|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|