Bachelor of Science in Business
Pursue a business degree at Faulkner University, and earn a versatile, well-rounded academic credential in a Christian learning environment. Blending accounting, economics and marketing surveys with the examination of Christian values and ethics in business, the online Bachelor of Science in Business degree program covers a wide range of business and management topics, giving you a foundation for a rewarding career.
About the Bachelor of Science in Business Program
Consisting of 60 upper-level semester hours taking place in six defined modules, the online Bachelor of Science in Business program can be completed in just one year. To round out your business skills, the program includes an introduction to international culture and allows you to choose from three available elective areas – business management, logistics management and health administration – to align with your future career goals.
Why Choose an Online Business Degree from Faulkner University
Whether you’re looking to work in business operations, management, sales, accounting, finance or another area, a business degree from Faulkner University lays the groundwork for successful careers in dozens of high-demand fields. Plus, business degrees are becoming increasingly desired in an expanded list of industries, including human resources, healthcare, media and advertising.
Those interested in furthering their education can also pursue an Executive MBA and other graduate programs with Faulkner University upon completion of their Bachelor of Science in Business degree. Additionally, graduates are well prepared to provide financial management services in their own faith community and to offer leadership in the form of financial stewardship.
Study Business at Faulkner University
Prospective students enrolling in the Bachelor of Science in Business program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all previous college work or a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on at least 12 hours taken with Faulkner.
- Completion of entrance competencies as listed.
- Minimum 23 years of age.
Tuition and Fees
2018-2019 Financial Information
|Tuition||$320 per semester hour|
|Eagle I Initiative Fee||$100 per semester ($50 if 11 hours or less)|
|Registration Fee||$120 per semester ($60 if 11 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$55 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|
Core Curriculum: 60 credit hours
Christian Literacy* 12 hours
BI 1315 Biblical Worldview (3 hours)
BI 1316 Biblical Worldview II (3 hours)
BI 2318 Understanding Biblical Literature (3 hours)
BI 2319 Christian Ethics (3 hours)
Cultural Heritage Literacy 3 hours
One course in humanities or history
Info. & Communication Literacy** 6 hours
EH 1301 English Composition I (3 hours)
EH 1302 English Composition II (3 hours)
Mathematical and Scientific Literacy 9 hours
MH 1300 College Math – or higher (3 hours)
Physical Science or Natural Science (3 hours)
Mathematics, Physical Sci. or Natural Science (3 hours)
Personal and Social Literacy 12 hours
Choose four courses in any social science area such as
history, political science, economics, psychology,
sociology, anthropology, library science, geography, etc.
Electives* 18 hours
Professional Literacy: 60 credit hours
- BSB 3300 Business Communications (3 credits)
- BSB 3310 Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- BSB 3320 Survey of Management (3 credits)
- BSB 3330 Survey of Accounting (3 credits)
- BSB 3340 Survey of Economics (3 credits)
- BSB 3350 Survey of Marketing (3 credits)
- BSB 3360 Financial Management (3 credits)
- BSB 3370 Christian Values and Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- BSB 3380 Personnel/Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- BSB 4300 Quantitative Business Analysis (3 credits)
- BSB 4310 Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- BSB 4320 Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- BSB 4330 The Executive and the Family (3 credits)
- BSB 4340 Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- BSB 4350 International Culture and Business (3 credits)
- BSB 4360 Business Policy and Strategy (3 credits)
- BSB Elective Area Course 1 (3 credits)
- BSB Elective Area Course 2 (3 credits)
- BSB Elective Area Course 3 (3 credits)
- BSB Elective Area Course 4 (3 credits)
- BSB 4090 Comprehensive Exam (0 credits)
Total Hours Required for Graduation 120
60 semester hours of upper level courses are required for graduation.
The BSB curriculum as listed above is subject to change.
Transfer credit cannot be accepted for substitution of BSB courses.