All Faulkner Databases
An alphabetical listing of all the databases to which the library subscribes or has access through the Alabama Virtual Library.
- ABI/INFORM Global One of the most comprehensive business databases on the market, this database includes in-depth coverage for over 3,730 publications, with more than 2,670 available in full text. ABI/INFORM Global offers the latest business and financial information for researchers at all levels. With ABI/INFORM Global, users can find out about business conditions, management techniques, business trends, management practice and theory, corporate strategy and tactics, and competitive landscape.
- Academic OneFile Academic OneFile provides more than 10,000 peer-reviewed journals with fact-based, reliable, unbiased content. It includes strong coverage of hard sciences, medicine, engineering and business.
- Academic Search Premier Academic Search Premier has information in nearly every area of academic study and contains indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals, with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Access World News Research Collection – 4,801 Sources Access World News provides access to local, regional, and national U.S. newspapers as well as full-text content of key international sources. Each provides unique coverage of local and regional news, including companies, politics, sports, industries, cultural activities, and people in the community, as well as a distinctive focus offering a variety of viewpoints on local and world issues. From Newsbank, including the following subsets:
- Acceda Noticias – 63 Sources
Provides Web-based access to the complete electronic editions of more than 20 Spanish-language newspapers published in major U.S. cities from Florida to California and articles from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Columbia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Spain. All news and information content is written in Spanish, rather than translated from other languages.
- Access Broadcast Transcripts – 213 Sources
- Access Business News – 377 Sources
- Access International News from Newsbank – 1,433 Sources
- Access Military, Government & Defense News – 24 Sources
- Access Newswires – 22 Sources
- Access World News U.S. Only – 3,228 Sources
- Acceda Noticias – 63 Sources
- Accessible Archives Developed by dedicated instructors and students of American history, these databases contain the rich, comprehensive material found in leading historic periodicals and books. Eyewitness accounts of historical events, vivid descriptions of daily life, editorial observations, commerce as seen through advertisements, and genealogical records are available in a user-friendly online environment. The time period covered is the late 1700’s and 1800’s. From Accessible Archives.
- ACLS Humanities E-book [Project] Humanities E-Book is a digital collection of nearly 2,800 full-text titles offered by the ACLS in collaboration with twenty learned societies, nearly 100 contributing publishers, and librarians at the University of Michigan’s Scholarly Publishing Office. It is an online, fully searchable collection of high-quality books in the Humanities recommended and reviewed by scholars. From the American Council of Learned Societies.
- Agriculture Collection The Infotrac Agriculture Collection provides information from practical farming tips to the latest scientific studies from agricultural research centers. With a strong emphasis on full-text coverage of titles in the Agricola index, the database comprises over 400 agrucultural periodicals as well as relevant, in-depth reference titles from Delmar, a part of Cengage Learning.
- Alabama Newspapers – 34 Sources Alabama Newspapers is provided through Access World News and features 34 newspapers and news portals from all over the state of Alabama. Does not include the Montgomery Advertiser. From Newsbank.
- Alt HealthWatch focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness and provides in-depth coverage across the full spectrum of subject areas covered by complementary and alternative medicine. It offers full text articles for more than 180 international and often peer-reviewed journals and reports. In addition, there are hundreds of pamphlets, booklets, special reports, original research and book excerpts. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Ambrose Digital Featuring some of Britain’s most distinguished theatrical talent, these DVD’s are ideal choices for libraries literature classes. **Faulkner University has access to Hamlet only.
- ARTstor A digital library that offers more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences with a suite of software tools to view, present, and manage images for research purposes. From Ithaka, creators of JSTOR.
- ATLA Historical Monographs Collection, Series 1 A major collection of individual works significant to religion, compiled online by the American Theological Library Association. Access for Faulkner alumni is allowed. Coverage: 13th century to 1893. From ATLA via Ebsco.
- ATLA Historical Monographs Collection, Series 2 A second major collection of individual works significant to religion, compiled online by the American Theological Library Association. Access for Faulkner alumni is allowed. Coverage: 1894 to 1923. From ATLA via Ebsco.
- ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials is an index to journal articles, book reviews, and collections of essays in all fields of religion and includes ATLA’s online collection of major religion and theology journals. The database has more than 474,000 book review citations. From the American Theological Library Association via Ebsco.
- Biblical Archaeology Society Archive This is a magnificent archive of periodical articles published by the Biblical Archaeology Society in its highly regarded journals. From the Biblical Archaeology Society. Includes access to Biblical Archaeology Review, Bible Review
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index This is a database that helps researchers discover other reference sources containing biographical material on a person. More than 15 million citations compiled from more than 5,000 editions and volumes of approximately 1,700 current and retrospective biographical sources are included in this list. In total, Biography and Genealogy Master Index provides coverage of nearly 5 million contemporary and historical figures. From Gale.
- Biography Reference Bank Contains more than 95,000 biographies and obituaries and more than 26,000 photographs of the subjects. Many of the biographies are enhanced with full text, abstracts, and citations from Ebsco / Wilson databases. Contains the full text of articles from more than 100 print volumes of biographical reference books published by H. W. Wilson, including Current Biography, the World Author Series, Nobel Prize Winners, World Artists, World Film Directors, American Reformers, and numerous biographical books on musicians and composers from throughout history. A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco via AVL.
- Book Collection: Nonfiction is a research database for school and public libraries. It contains informative abstracts and searchable full text for more than 4,100 popular nonfiction books. It includes full text entries on core subject areas, as well as information on careers, health, sports, adventure, technology, life skills and more. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Book Review Digest Plus Many of the reviews in Book Review digest Plus are from citable journals making it a valuable resource for literary and biographical resarch. Subject indexing, summaries, annotations, and grade level designations make this a useful tool for readers’ advisory, collection development, and curriculum support. A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco.
- Book Review Digest Retrospective: 1903-1982 Nearly eight decades of H. W. Wilson’s Book Review Digest have been collected in this database which provides excerpts from and citations to reviews of adult and juvenile fiction and non-fiction from 1903-1982. A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco.
- Book Review Index Plus More than five million book reviews, allowing users to research numerous disciplines, including literature, history, education, psychology, and more.
- Britannica Academic Edition Online Britannica Academic Edition Online is a comprehensive research tool that offers accurate and up to date topical business information and company and industry intelligence on thousands of global companies. The database covers business, telecommunications, computers, technology, systems, law and more. From Encyclopedia Britannica via AVL.
- Business Abstracts with Full Text A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco and a component of OmniFile Full Text Mega.
- Business Insights: Essentials This database combines all of the content formerly found in Business & Company Resource Center with a new interface designed around the research goals and workflows of your diverse business research community. Easily find information on companies, industries, and more in the context of timely news, statistical data, and in-depth reports. From Gale via AVL.
- Business Index ASAP Covers 1908 to the present. Business Index ASAP offers in-depth research on management issues, economic indicators and business theories and practices, as well as on the activities of companies and industries worldwide. An Infotrac database from Gale via AVL.
- Business Source Premier Business Source Premier provides full-text for more than 2,300 journals. The database also includes other sources of full text information such as country economic reports from the EIU, Global Insight, ICON Group and CountryWatch and detailed company profiles for the world’s 10,000 largest companies. From Ebsco via AVL.
- CINAHL Complete “is the definitive research tool for nursing and allied health professionals… users get fast and easy full-text access to top journals, evidence-based care sheets, quick lessons and more… provides broad content coverage including 50 nursing specialties, speech and language pathology, nutrition, general health and medicine and more. Content includes: Full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL Database, Indexing for more than 5,400 journals, Searchable cited references for more than 1,500 journals, Full text dating back to 1937″. Information retrieved from Ebsco website
- Clase y Periodica * Clase y Periodica offers access to more than 300,000 bibliographic citations from documents published in 2,600 scholarly journals published in the Spanish, Portuguese, French and English languages. CLASE indexes documents published in Latin American journals specializing in the social sciences and humanities. PERIODICA covers journals specializing in science and technology. From OCLC via AVL. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- College Source Online A nationally respected source of in-depth information on the course offerings of colleges and universities throughout the country, directly from their college catalogs. From the Career Guidance Foundation.
- Communications and Mass Media Collection A specialized collection of more than 250 journals focused on all aspects of the communications field: key subjects covered include advertising and public relations, linguistics, and literature. From Gale.
- Contemporary Authors provides complete biographical and bibliographical information and references on all of the more than 120,000 U.S. and international authors whose entries appear in Contemporary Authors and Contemporary Authors New Revision Series. From Gale via AVL.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism is a collection of more than 11,000 critical essays on contemporary authors. Each entry contains a biographical/critical introduction, a list of principal works, critical essays, and sources for further study. Updated monthly, Contemporary Literary Criticism allows users to search by author name, title of work, nationality, subject/genre, ethnicity, critic name, and more. From Gale via AVL.
- Criminal Justice Periodical Index (CJPI) This database is now called ProQuest Criminal Justice.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography Dictionary of Literary Biography provides nearly 10,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world’s most influential literary figures from all eras and genres. From Gale via AVL.
- Dissertations and Theses This full text database from ProQuest is one of the most comprehensive collections of dissertations and theses in the world. It is the official digital dissertations archive for the Library of Congress and the database of record for graduate research. The database offers full text for most of the dissertations added since 1997 as well as a strong retrospective coverage for older graduate works.
- Early American Imprints, Series I and II, from America’s Historical Imprints Definitive collections of early American publications compiled by the Evans and Shaw-Shoemaker collaborations, with thousands of items in each of the two collections. From Readex, a division of Newsbank.
- eBooks-Library.com On Campus access only eBooks-Library is one of the largest eBook repositories on the Web, especially for classic works. This library offers full-text access to 935 authors and composers, more than 5400 works, 15300 sub-titles and 512,000 pages. Subject areas include law, economics, finance, history, art, literature, and many more. From Chrysoma Associates, Ltd.
- EbscoHost eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary) This comprehensive ebook portal from EBSCO provides electronic books owned by the Nichols Library and available to Faulkner users on all campuses. The library staff is open to suggestions for consideration of new ebooks from Ebsco.
- Education Full Text A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco and a component of OmniFile Full Text Mega.
- Educational Administration Abstracts Includes bibliographic records covering areas related to educational administration, including educational leadership, educational management, educational research, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline. From Ebsco.
- Educator’s Reference Complete A selection of academic journals, full-text reports, and premier reference sources. Content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education. The majority of full-text titles included are also indexed in the ERIC database, so this can be a companion to ERIC. The database is updated daily. It expands on a discontinued product called The Professional Collection (which is not to be confused with the still active Professional Development Collection below). From Gale.
- Encyclopedia of Alabama Locally compiled information in a handy web site. From the State of Alabama and Auburn University.
- ERIC via EbscoHost ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than 1.3 million records and links to more than 323,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966. Searching ERIC with this link, you can combine it with other available Ebsco databases and H. W. Wilson databases, which were purchased by Ebsco.
- Ethnic NewsWatch Ethnic NewsWatch is an interdisciplinary, bilingual (English & Spanish) and comprehensive full text database of newspapers, magazines and journals from ethnic, minority and native presses. From ProQuest via AVL.
- Expanded Academic ASAP Expanded Academic ASAP provides access to scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers, many with full text and images. It includes information about the arts and humanities, social sciences, science and technology. From Gale via AVL.
- FirstSearch * FirstSearch is the gateway to ten databases which can be used for indexing and abstracting. The databases are not full text, and they include: ArticleFirst, Clase y Periodica, Electronic Collections Online, ERIC, GPO Monthly Catalog, MEDLINE, PapersFirst, ProceedingsFirst, WorldCat and World Almanac. From OCLC via AVL. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- Gale Databases Gale Databases are a group of approximately 24 databases including eBooks and reference materials, as well as abstracted and full text journals, magazines, and newspapers. This approach is for combining them for searching together. From Gale.
- Gale Literary Index * Gale Literary Index is a master index to the major literature products published by Gale. It combines and cross-references over 165,000 author names, including pseudonyms and variant names, and listings for over 215,000 titles into one source. From Gale. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library Gale Virtual Reference Library is the platform for Gale online products, providing reference ebooks in a variety of academic fields, paid for by AVL, and a growing number of Gale nonfiction ebooks purchased by Faulkner. Everything is cross-searchable.
- General OneFile General OneFile is a comprehensive periodical resource that provides access to more than 60 million articles. It contains more than 11,000 titles and back file coverage from 1980 to present. From Gale via AVL.
- General Reference Center Gold General Reference Center Gold is a general interest database that integrates a variety of sources – newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications. Find articles on current events, popular culture, business and industry trends, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies, and more. From Gale via AVL.
- General Science Full Text A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco and a component of OmniFile Full Text Mega.
- Gospel Advocate Obituary Index Gospel Advocate Obituary Index lists obituaries published in the Gospel Advocate between 1855 and 1994. It was compiled by members of the Lehman Avenue Church of Christ in Bowling Green, Kentucky. From the Gospel Advocate. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- GREENR Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources GREENR database is for students and faculty interested in an academic approach to environmental topics. It is a resource that combines news, commentary, audio, vidoe, primary source documents, images, conference reports, stats, and more. The content is from Gale academic publishing partners including Elsevier and Sage publications.
- Health Source-Consumer Edition Health Source Consumer Edition is a collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. It provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. It also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Hein Online – Password Required When Off Campus This database comes from the world’s largest distributor of legal periodicals. 80 million pages of material are presented as full-image periodical documents. Law Journal Library, European Center for Minority Issues, Federal Register Library, Legal Classics, Treatises and Agreements Library, US Attorney General Opinions, and the US Supreme Court Library are contributing agencies. From William S. Hein & Co. via the Jones School of Law.
- History Database Center History Database Center is a comprehensive database covering several areas of history with topical entries, biographies, maps, primary source documents, and timeline entries. An Infobase Learning Center product from Facts on File, it contains the following specialized products:
- History Reference Center History Reference Center offers full text from more than 2,300 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for more than 130 leading history periodicals, more than 61,100 historical documents, 66,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 110,200 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Humanities Full Text A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco and a component of OmniFile Full Text Mega.
- Humanities International Complete Humanities International Complete provides full text of hundreds of journals, books and other published sources from around the world. This database includes all data from Humanities International Index (more than 2,100 journals and 2.47 million records) plus unique full text content, much of which is not found in other databases. The database includes full text for more than 890 journals. From Ebsco.
- IOP Science IOP Publishing provides publications through which leading-edge scientific research is distributed worldwide. The library’s purchased plan allows freedom to browse the database and download a certain number of articles in a 12-month period. From the Institute of Physics.
- Index to Legal Periodicals & Books Full Text and Retro This combination features the power of two databases. Retro covers 1908 to 1981 with indexing and abstracting. The full text product starts in 1982 and continues to the present, with actual full-text coverage starting in the mid-1990’s. WilsonWeb databases from Ebsco via the Jones School of Law. Industrial and Labor Relations Review The link for this web journal has been moved to our page for Individual Online Journals. It can be found within the law resources link.
- Informe Academico is a database created exclusively for Spanish-speaking users. This full-text electronic reference tool is the first system to provide indexing, images and full text of popular Hispanic magazines-not just translations. Also included is a thesaurus and interface that are uniquely designed for Spanish-speaking users. From Gale via AVL.
- Journal Finder from W. T. Cox Subscription Service Most of the library’s journal subscriptions are purchased from W. T. Cox. This company provides a software product, Journal Finder, which can help in searching for full-text versions of articles which will help in research for a paper or project. Journal Finder directs the searcher to other online sources, especially when there are only abstracts; not full text. It can also direct you to Faulkner’s printed or microform periodicals. Finally, if there are no other options, it can help you request an article on interlibrary loan. Through one of any of these avenues mentioned, full-text articles can be found using Journal Finder!
- JSTOR The JSTOR archive holds the complete digitized back runs of core scholarly journals, starting with the very first issues, some dating as far back as the 1600s. Faulkner University users also have access to the Arts & Sciences III and Arts & Sciences IV Collections. From Ithaka, creators of ARTstor.
- LegalTrac LegalTrac provides indexing for more than 1,400 titles including major law reviews, legal newspapers, bar association journals and international legal journals. The database also contains law-related articles from over 1,000 additional business and general interest titles. From Gale via AVL.
- LexisNexis Academic LexisNexis Academic provides full-text documents from over 5,900 news, business, legal, medical, and reference publications including national and regional newspapers, wire services, broadcast transcripts, international news, and non-English language sources. Also included are U.S. Federal and state case law, codes, regulations, legal news, law reviews, and international legal information as well as Shepard’s® Citations for all U.S. Supreme Court cases back to 1789. From LexisNexis.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) indexes more than 500 core journals, more than 50 priority journals, and 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Library Literature & Information Science Full Text Indexes English and foreign-language periodicals, selected state journals, conference proceedings, pamphlets, books, and library school theses, plus over 300 books per year. Delivers full text journal articles cover to cover from over a hundred select publications. A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco. Coverage includes indexing and abstracting from 1984 and full-text articles from 1994 forward. Full-text content is included in OmniFile Full Text Mega.
- LibraryMusicSource.com The largest collection of Western Classical sheet music ever assembled is now available via the internet from LibraryMusicSource.com. Faulkner users have access to and command of over 300,000 pages of sheet music from over 35,000 works including the entire piano works of Chopin, all the songs of Schubert, all the organ music of J. S. Bach, and all the orchestra parts and scores of Beethoven, among many others. From CD Sheet Music, LLC.
- Literary Reference Center (New in 2011-12!) This full-text database combines information from major respected reference works, books and literary journals, as well as original content from EBSCO Publishing. Literary Reference Center contains full text for more than 35,000 plot summaries, synopses and work overviews; nearly 100,000 articles/essays of literary criticism; more than 252,000 author biographies (including more than 22,000 in-depth bios); 450 literary journals; more than 693,000 book reviews; more than 78,400 classic and contemporary poems; more than 19,700 classic and contemporary short stories; more than 6,600 author interviews; more than 8,200 classic texts; and much more. This and other Ebsco databases are connected by “smart links” to the MLA International Bibliography.
- Literature Resource Center Literature Resource Center provides Full-text journal articles, literary criticism, reviews, biographical information, and overviews on over 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world. From Gale.
- Literature Resources from Gale Research authors and their works, literary movements and genres. Search across several major Literature databases to find full text of literary works, journal articles, literature criticism, reviews, biographical information and overviews. From Gale via AVL.
- LitFinder LitFinder covers world literature and authors throughout history and contains a wealth of literary works including over 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000+ poetry citations. The database also includes short stories, speeches, and play as well as secondary materials like biographies, images, and more. From Gale.
- LLMC Digital This screen searches the digital collection of the Law Library Microform Consortium, a nonprofit group dedicated to preserving legal, historical, and government documents and providing easy access to thousands of them in digital and microform versions. From the LLMC via Jones School of Law.
- The Making of Modern Law The Making of Modern Law: Legal Treatises 1800-1926 provides digital images of 22,000 legal treatises on US and British law published from 1800 through 1926. It provides access to critical legal history. From Gale via the Jones School of Law.
- Mango Languages Mango is the easiest, most effective way to become conversational in any of the languages for which Faulkner has purchased lesson sets. Try it, and you will be amazed at how quickly you can get beyond simple greetings. Mango has an iPhone app that also works on iPad, for your convenience. From Mango Languages.
- MasterFILE Premier MasterFILE Premier is a multidisciplinary database with full text for nearly 1,750 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. The database also includes nearly 500 full text reference books, full text from 86,017 biographies, 105,786 full text primary source documents, and an Image Collection of 341,655 photos, maps and flags. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Medline Plus From the U. S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, this government database features extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other trusted sources on over 650 diseases and conditions. From NLM and NIH via AVL.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook is “produced by the Buros Center for Testing at the University of Nebraska, this database provides a comprehensive guide to contemporary testing instruments. Designed for an audience ranging from novice test consumers to experienced professionals, the series contains information for evaluating test products in psychology, education, business and leadership.” Information retrieved from Ebsco website.
- Military & Government Collection Military & Government Collection from Ebsco is designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government. This database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites. It provides cover-to-cover full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for nearly 400 titles. From Ebsco via AVL.
- NCJRS Abstracts Database NCJRS Abstracts Database is a free resource provided by the National Criminal Justice Reference Service. Its services and resources are available to anyone interested in crime, victim assistance, and public safety including policymakers, practitioners, researchers, educators, community leaders, and the general public.
- National Jukebox This music listening collection is still in its early stages but promises to be a vast archive of American musical experience. Maintained by the Library of Congress, it is freely available on the web.
- National Science Digital Library National Science Digital Library is the nation’s online library for education and research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Designed primarily for K-16 educators, anyone can access the library and search at no cost. (Access to most of the resources discovered through NSDL is free, but some content providers may require a login, or a small fee or subscription to retrieve their specific resources.)
- Naxos Music Library Naxos Music Library is an online classical music library. It offers streaming access to more than 43,650 CDs. The library also offers the catalogs of more than 50 classical, jazz and world music labels. Other resources offered by NML include synopses of over 700 operas, a pronunciation guide for composer and artist names and a glossary of musical terms. A comprehensive online encyclopedia of classical music is in development. From Naxos of America. NetLibrary E-Content Collection The new name for this service is the Ebsco eBook Collection (listed above).
- New Testament Abstracts * New Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and Boston College. The database is a research and bibliographic aid for scholars, librarians, clergy and students of the New Testament and its historical background. The database contains more than 40,000 article abstracts, 1,200 review abstracts, 14,900 book abstracts, and 50 software abstracts. From Ebsco. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- Newspaper Source Newspaper Source provides cover-to-cover full text for 35 national & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for more than 375 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Old Testament Abstracts * Old Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Biblical Association. The database features indexing and abstracts for journal articles, monographs, multi-author works, and software related to Old Testament studies. Topics covered include antiquities, archaeology, biblical theology, philology. From Ebsco. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- OmniFile Full Text Mega OmniFile contains full text articles from over 1,750 publications and article abstracts and indexing from over 3,500 publications, with coverage back as early as 1982. The database contains all the information from six Ebsco/Wilson electronic sources: Business Abstracts with Full Text, Education Full Text, General Science Full Text, Humanities Full Text, Reader’s Guide Full Text Mega, and Social Sciences Full Text. It also contains some full text content from five other Ebsco/Wilson databases. A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context Opposing Viewpoints in Context is a full-text resource covering today’s controversial social issues such as terrorism and gun control. Drawing on the Gale print series, the database brings together information needed to understand an issue: pro and con viewpoint articles, reference articles to provide context, full-text magazines, academic journals, and newspapers, primary sources, statistical information, and more. From Gale via AVL.
- Oxford English Dictionary The Oxford English Dictionary is a historical dictionary. It is the accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium. The OED is a guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past. It traces the usage of words through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of international English language sources, from classic literature and specialist periodicals to film scripts and cookery books. From Oxford University Press via AVL.
- Oxford Reference Online Premium Oxford Reference Online offers over 175 fully-indexed, cross-searchable dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford University Press.
- The Physics Teacher The Physics Teacher Online, from the American Association of Physics Teachers website, publishes papers on the teaching of physics, and on topics such as contemporary physics, applied physics, and the history of physics all aimed at the introductory-level teacher.
- Points of View Reference Center Points of View Reference Center is a full-text database designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. It provides more than 290 topics, each with an overview (objective background and description), point (argument), counterpoint (opposing argument), and Critical Thinking Guide. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Professional Development Collection Professional Development Collection is designed for professional educators and provides a highly specialized collection of 520 high quality education journals, including nearly 350 peer-reviewed titles. The database also contains more than 200 educational reports. From Ebsco via AVL.
- ProQuest Congressional ProQuest Congressional, a comprehensive resource, offers full-text of congressional bills, testimony, reports, documents, selected prints, and the Congressional Record for recent years, as well as the U.S. Code, the Federal Register, and the Code of Federal Regulations. It covers a wide variety of additional congressional information, including member biographical and committee assignment information, voting records, and financial data. Also included is the Congressional Serial Set. The Serial Set, labeled Historical Full-Text in ProQuest Congressional, will include the American State Papers, House and Senate Reports, House and Senate Documents, selected Executive Branch documents, other documents that Congress ordered printed, as well as all maps, illustrations, photos, and lithographs found within the printed Serial Set. From ProQuest via the Jones School of Law.
- ProQuest Criminal Justice Formerly called the Criminal Justice Periodical Index (CJPI) Coverage: 1981-present ProQuest Criminal Justice is a comprehensive collection of U.S. and international criminal justice journals including information for professionals in law enforcement, corrections administration, drug enforcement, rehabilitation, family law, and industrial security. From ProQuest.
- ProQuest Legislative Insight Provides legislative histories back to the 82d Congress, compiled by the staff of the Congressional Information Service, long considered the industry standard for information on the proceedings of Congress. From ProQuest via the Jones School of Law.
- ProQuest Psychology Journals ProQuest Psychology Journals provides abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. User access includes charts, diagrams, graphs, tables, photos, and other graphical elements essential to psychological research. From ProQuest.
- ProQuest Religion ProQuest Religion includes over 135 titles, with more than 120 available in full text. The database provides details on doctrines and philosophies, reports on religious history, and related archeology. It also covers formal theological studies and commentary on topics of general interest from the perspectives of specific religions. Primary faiths represented in the database are Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism. From ProQuest.
- PsycBOOKS from the American Psychological Association (APA), PsycBOOKS is a database of more than 18,000 chapters in PDF from over 1,400 books published by APA and other distinguished publishers. It also includes more than 700 classic books of landmark historical impact in psychology dating from 1806, and the exclusive electronic release of more than 1,500 authored entries from APA/Oxford University Press Encyclopedia of Psychology.
- PsycINFO * PsycINFO, from the APA, contains nearly 2.4 million citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, all in psychology and related disciplines, dating as far back as the 1800s. Journal coverage, which spans 1887 to present, includes international material selected from more than 2,200 periodicals in more than 27 languages. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- PubMed PubMed is a free online database of biomedical journal citations and abstracts created by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, including citations to journals found in MEDLINE. From NLM via AVL.
- Reader’s Guide Full Text Mega A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco and a component of OmniFile Full Text Mega.
- Regional Business News Regional Business News database provides full-text coverage for regional business publications. Updated daily, it incorporates coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Religion & Philosophy eBook Collection Religion & Philosophy eBook Collection includes e-book reference titles in religion and philosophy that are part of the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Restoration Serials Index * Restoration Serials Index provides access to periodical literature produced by members of the churches of Christ and historically related groups. The index facilitates scholarly research about Biblical teachings and restoration of New Testament Christianity and documents the broad spectrum of thought among churches of Christ and historically related groups. Independently produced. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.
- Rotunda Access to a variety of resources on the ratification of the US Constitution, including broadsides, pamphlets, newspaper articles, letters, and governmental records, as well as the papers of James Madison. From the University of Virginia Press.
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy Online Featuring 2,000 original entries from a team of over 1,300 of the world’s most respected scholars and philosophers, REP Online also provides editorially reviewed links to other sites and resources on the web, revisions and updates of key entries, and periodic upgrades of the user environment. From Taylor & Francis.
- Scribner Writers Series Scribner Writers Series includes signed essays on more than 2,000 authors and literary genres drawn from the Scribner print series. From Gale via AVL.
- Social Sciences Full Text A WilsonWeb database from Ebsco and a component of OmniFile Full Text Mega.
- SocINDEX with Full Text SocINDEX with Full Text is a sociology research database. The database features more than 1,986,000 records and contains full text for 708 journals dating back to 1908. It also includes full text for more than 780 books and monographs, and full text for 9,333 conference papers. From Ebsco.
- Sources in US History Online: The American Revolution Explore writings on the American Revolution by those who lived it. Sources in U.S. History Online: The American Revolution includes primary source documents, such as personal accounts, pamphlets, monographs, congresses, speeches, maps and a wealth of material detailing the European point of view. Together they tell the whole story of the American Revolutionary War, from 1763 to 1783. From Gale.
- Sources in US History Online: The Civil War This archive marks a period when friends were enemies and the United States was torn in half. Professor Paul Finkelman (Albany Law School) has crafted an archive that offers in-depth Insight into military, diplomatic, cultural and legal history, as well as special areas of study including Southern, African American, medical history, the history of technology and more. Gale presents readers with a rare chance to learn first hand what life was like when the violent divide between north and south threatened to destroy the country. From Gale.
- Sources in US History Online: Slavery in America Slavery in America Digital Collection contains over 500 relevant documents, allowing students, faculty and patrons to study the institution of slavery from the 17th century through the end of the 19th century through personal narratives, pamphlets, addresses, monographs, sermons, political speeches, and periodicals documenting key aspects of the history of slavery in America. From Gale.
- SpringerLink for Ebooks SpringerLink is one way to access the extensive Springer Verlag catalog of ebooks to find the ones Faulkner has purchased. The other method of access is to search the Faulkner Libraries catalog and find linked items there individually. Although Springer says that only 5% of ebook access comes through SpringerLink, it is a convenient way to get familiar with Springer and see what is available.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG) is a research center at the University of California, Irvine. Founded in 1972 the TLG has collected and digitized most literary texts written in Greek from Homer to the fall of Byzantium in AD 1453. Its goal is to create a comprehensive digital library of Greek literature from antiquity to the present era.
- Twayne Authors Series Twayne Authors Series is comprised 600 full-text titles from the Twayne Literary Masters series, 200 each from Twayne World, US, and English Authors. From Gale via AVL.
- United Nations Treaty Collection United Nations Treaty Collection contains the current status of over 500 multilateral treaties deposited with the Secretary-General. Links to the full texts are provided. From the United Nations.
- USDA National Nutrient Database USDA National Nutrient Database provides authoritative food composition databases and state of the art methods to acquire, evaluate, compile and disseminate composition data on foods available in the United States. From the USDA.
- Vocational & Career Collection Vocational & Career Collection is designed for vocational and technical libraries servicing high schools, community colleges, trade institutions and the general public. This collection provides full text coverage for more than 350 trade and industry related periodicals. From Ebsco via AVL.
- Wiley Online Library Wiley Online Library provides access to citations, abstracts and full text from journals published by John Wiley & Sons and Blackwell. The subjects covered include business, chemistry, computer science, earth & environmental science, education, engineering, law, life sciences, mathematics & statistics, medicine, physics & astronomy, polymers & material science, psychology, and the social sciences. It is truly international in scope, and Faulkner subscribes to a large group of these journals. From Wiley Blackwell.
- WorldCat * WorldCat is a catalog of books and other materials which are found in libraries throughout the world. This is an excellent tool for discovering other libraries that have books and materials that you may need which Faulkner does not have. From OCLC. *Citation only index; NO FULL TEXT.