Faulkner University welcomes international students into our traditional program. Many international students find our campus to be a comfortable environment where transition into a new culture is a wonderful experience.
Steps for international student admission to Faulkner University:
- All international undergraduate applicants should complete the application for admission.
- Complete affidavit for financial support.
- Financial Certification Form.
- Affidavit letter from the sponsor (if applicable).
- Send an original statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution giving the following details regarding your personal account or your sponsor’s account: the date the account was opened, total amount deposited for the past year, present balance.
- Provide a recommendation letter from your previous (or current) school. If you are transferring to Faulkner University from another United States college or university, you and the DSO from your current school must complete the transfer form.
- If you are applying for the traditional program and had completed less than 24 hours of credit at a U.S. college or university, you must provide certified, translated transcript(s) of previous education training from all schools outside the United States. Transcripts must be certified through NAIA Incred or World Education Services. Students should request the document-by-document report for the high school diploma/completion certificate, and the course-by-course report for college transcripts.Students who have completed 24 or more hours at a U.S. college or university are not required to submit high school records.
- If you are applying for the traditional program you must provide an acceptable documentation of English proficiency on a standardized test.
- Students from countries where English is not the native language are required to submit an acceptable score on either the TOEFL or the Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score reports are required for admission to the undergraduate and the graduate programs and may be ordered from Educational Testing Services (ETS) or IELTS. The TOEFL code number for Faulkner University is 1034.
- The minimum requirements for admission on the TOEFL are 500 (on the paper test), 173 (on the computer based test), or 61 (on the internet based test). The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 5.0. Students may also provide documentation of the completion of an appropriate ESL program at a language center located in the United States.
- Students from countries where English is the native language will be required to submit scores for the ACT or the SAT. The minimum score for the ACT is 18 and the minimum score for the SAT is 970. When reporting your scores on these entrance tests to Faulkner University, our school code for the ACT is 0003, and our school code for the SAT is 1034.
Non-refundable fees for all international students
- Application fee – $50
These fees may be paid using Flywire (https://www.flywire.com/) or with a credit card issued by a United States bank (Faulkner University cannot accept credit card payments from foreign banks).
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the wire transfer information needed to pay the application fee or for credit card transfer information.
Letters of Acceptance
After international students complete the steps above, Faulkner will review the materials and consider the request for admission. If the review determines that the applicant has met the institution’s admission requirement for international students, then Faulkner will send a letter of acceptance to the student and issue an I-20. The I-20 will allow you to interview for the visa. Actual time that individual students are allowed to remain in the U.S. will vary.
Prospective and current international students are responsible for staying informed of the United States Department of Homeland Security and regulations for the International Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). It is your responsibility to obtain your visa, file your I-901 form and pay the mandatory SEVIS fee, and make any necessary travel arrangements.
Please direct any questions or comments to email@example.com.
- Apply Now
- Visit Faulkner
- Request Information
- Admission Requirements
- Meet Your Counselor
- Transcript Release
- After You Apply
- On Campus Testing for the ACT
- Dual Enrollment
- Homeschooled Students
- International Students Admissions
- Financial Aid