SOS: Supporting Opportunities for Success
Faulkner University’s QEP, SOS: Supporting Opportunities for Success, is designed to improve students’ retention and success by implementing an academic support program for students. SOS is designed to provide students the academic support they need to be successful in both their individual classes and overall college career.
Goals of SOS
- Assisting students in developing skills related to academic persistence
- Engaging students in the learning process
- Connecting students to University resources and support personnel who will scaffold them in the development and learning processes
- Academic Coaching- regularly scheduled meetings between academic coaches and at-risk students
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)- regularly scheduled, non-mandatory, out-of-class review sessions to all students enrolled in a targeted courses
- Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Enhancements
- Pop-up Tutoring- mobile tutoring sessions in high-traffic areas
- SOS Workshops- interactive learning experiences that provide students with the skills needed to reach academic success
For more information on the QEP, the following resources are available:
- An abbreviated summary in the form of a single-page flyer.
- A detailed summary in the form of a presentation.
- An exhaustive review in the form of a report. This is the full report submitted to the Commission.