Institutional Review Board (IRB)
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is the University ethics board for research. It utilizes a peer-review process of proposed research and scholarly endeavors among the university faculty involving human subjects and/or non-human animals. The board also serves as the conduit for external organizations desiring access to Faulkner’s students or employees to be recruited as participants.
Forms, Documents, and Information
Click the links below to access the appropriate document. Submission of the Research Protocol Review Form utilizes a Google form, accessible both internally and externally. The deadline for submission of Research Protocol Review Forms is the 23rd of each month. The IRB meets the first week of each month to review submissions. Notifications are generally sent within 5 working days of the applicable IRB meeting.
- Research Protocol Review Form Research Protocol Review Form (This form is required to be submitted for ALL research involving human subjects or non-human animals, regardless of the nature of the project. The entire form must be submitted at one time.)
- Sample Research Protocol Review Form Sample Research Protocol Review Form (Use this document to prepare the information to be submitted using the Research Protocol Review Form.)
- Faulkner’s IRB Policies and Procedures IRB Policies (Researchers are strongly encouraged to read these Policies and Procedures before preparing all research designs.)
Questions regarding any IRB matter should be directed to Dr. James C. Guy (chair) at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional Resources
- Center for Assessment, Research, Effectiveness and Enhancement (CAREE)
- Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
- Christian Institute for Digital Humanities
- College Level Examination Program
- Institute of Faith and the Academy
- Cloverdale Center for Youth and Family
- Resource links – Cloverdale Center