Since the Criminal Justice and Legal Studies Department at Faulkner University began more than 20 years ago, many graduates of this department have gone on to pursue successful careers in law enforcement. Other graduates went to law school and are now practicing attorneys.
Degree programs offered by the CJ/LS Department
- a master’s degree in justice administration
- a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- a bachelor’s degree in legal studies
- an accelerated bachelors degree in criminal justice for those who enter Faulkner University after completion of significant prior college coursework.
- associate degrees in legal studies
Courses are taught from a Biblical perspective and strongly emphasize ethics. Cathy L. Davis, ACP, is the Department Chair. Many other faculty members of the department are attorneys or former law enforcement personnel with many years of professional experience.