Online Master of Arts in Family Life Ministry
Do you want to work with children and families?
The Master of Arts in Family Life Ministry at Faulkner University equips students to provide family life education programs and interventions designed to improve the functioning of children and their families, to strengthen interpersonal and family relationships, and to solve personal and family problems. The program integrates prevention oriented models from the field of ministry studies and the discipline of family studies with intervention strategies employed in the field of counseling to equip students to be effective family life ministers or family professionals. Students are prepared to address the most challenging issues related to creating healthy interpersonal relationships, building strong marriages, training parents to form the faith and character of today's youth, and teaching human intimacy and sexuality all in accordance with God's plan. The goal of the program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to effectively design, implement, and evaluate programs which serve the needs of children and families in church and community settings. The program accommodates working adults by providing church leaders, family service providers, administrators, and others who have a passion for empowering healthy and faithful families with an opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills of both prevention and intervention strategies via courses offered online.
The 37 hour MAFLM curriculum enables students to gain important skills and experiences that are invaluable to church workers, educators, and others who provide Christian-based counseling and family guidance. Subject matters tackled by the program include:
- Family Dynamics
- Family Life Ministry
- Marital and Family Strengths
- Parent and Character Education
- Personal and Family Finances
- Counseling Families in Crisis
Students will also participate in hands-on, experiential learning through the supervised practice of ministry. By combining these elements and integrating knowledge of families, counseling, and spirituality, students will emerge from the program better prepared to offer Christian-based assistance and counsel.
The optional Certificate in Family Life Ministry requires an additional 18 credit hours and courses include:
- Christian Counseling: The Skilled Helper
- Couple, Family, and Church Assessments
- Family Life Ministry: Contexts and Methods
Please note: This program is not designed for students who are seeking licensure. However, Faulkner University’s Master of Science in Counseling program can prepare students whose goal is to become licensed.
The Benefits of Online Learning with Faulkner University
Receiving an online education from Faulkner University is highly beneficial to our students for a host of reasons. For one, the virtual format allows students a greater degree of flexibility than in-person class meetings do, making it great for students who don’t live on campus or have jobs that don’t allow for a traditional schooling schedule. It also offers a master’s degree with a greater level of personalization. Students in the online MAFLM program have greater freedom to learn in their own style and at their own pace, with instructors, other educational resources, and student services available at their fingertips.
Pursue Your Master of Arts in Family Life Ministry
Earning a master’s in Family Life Ministry through Faulkner University’s online MAFLM program opens the door for students to make a true difference in their communities and advance their careers. Faulkner University proudly offers a Christian education across all fields of study at our main campus in Montgomery, satellite campuses in Birmingham, Mobile, and Huntsville, and online.
Take the next step by requesting more information from Faulkner University today. Ready to apply? Get started with the following steps:
- Fully complete your online application.
- Send our Official Transcript Request forms to all schools you’ve previously attended, and include the correct fee.
- Mail additional application items to Faulkner University here:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts in Family Life Ministry program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed graduate application for admission.
- Hold bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended.
- Submit three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study, with least one of the recommendations from a church leader.
- A goals statement of at least 1000 words specifying personal goals and stating ways that the Master of Arts program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals. Include in this goals statement: (1) background preparation for the degree; (2) basis for the choice of the KGST; (3) spiritual and academic goals; (4) impact of the degree sought on financiers and personal, employment, and family time. A student must obtain a score of 40 or above (out of 60 possible points) as partial qualification for admission.
A maximum of six semester hours can be transferred into the M.A. program from a regionally accreditation institution. Transfer hours must be approved.
Tuition and Fees
2022-2023 Financial Information
|Tuition||$555 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$350 per semester ($250 if 5 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$70 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|
- Apply Now
- Online Master’s Degrees
- Biblical Studies
- Online Master of Arts in Family Life Ministry
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Elementary Education Class A Certification
- Elementary Education – Alternative A
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Justice Administration
- School Counseling