The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program prepares students to fulfill their mission to serve Jesus Christ through their vocations. The program is a reflection of Faulkner University’s effort to foster professional ministry based on a thorough understanding of the Christian principles and ethics that shape the university’s mission. This degree program empower students to serve people in various church ministries.
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program provides a core curriculum with a strong Christian and biblical emphasis. The program is focused on preparing graduates for more effective service in the church and on providing a solid groundwork for continued training.
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program requires 36 semester hours of coursework, with thesis and non-thesis options. A supervised ministry practicum is required. To continue in the MACM program a student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed graduate application
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; you must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. At least one recommendation must be from a church leader.
- A goals statement of at least 1000 words specifying personal goals and stating ways that the Master of Arts program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals. Include in this goals statement: (1) background preparation for the degree; (2) basis for the choice of the KGST; (3) spiritual and academic goals; (4) impact of the degree sought on financiers and personal, employment, and family time. A student must obtain a score of 40 or above (out of 60 possible points) as partial qualification for admission.
A maximum of six semester hours can be transferred into the M.A. program from a regionally accredited institution. Transfer hours must be approved by the dean of biblical studies.
Tuition and Fees
Summer 2020-Spring 2021
|Tuition||$555 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$300 per semester ($200 if 5 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$65 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|
- Apply Now
- Online Master’s Degrees
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Counseling and Family Ministry
- Christian Ministry
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Elementary Education Class A Certification
- Elementary Education – Alternative A
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Justice Administration
- School Counseling