Master of Science in Management
The specially designed Master of Science in Management offers excellent preparation for management within a highly effective timetable.
Our curriculum provides a strategic management perspective, applies leading-edge management theory to real-world problems and issues, and addresses ethical issues vital to today’s business infrastructure. It focuses on teamwork and the empowerment process by providing a dynamic forum for new ideas and broadened perspectives. Qualified individuals, willing to accept an academic and knowledge-building challenge, will find this program to be one of their best lifetime investments.
Faulkner University offers, in an executive format, an accelerated graduate business and management degree for professionals who intend to expand their career horizons. The M.S.M. is a graduate business program designed to establish, create, promote, and enhance careers that revolve around various business areas. Focus is placed on career development and enhancement with a curriculum that incorporates a managerial perspective with a futuristic approach to facilitate success in today’s business world.
Program Design & Structure
- Fully online program
- Planned completion within one calendar year
- Each class 5 weeks in length
- Eight entry points throughout the year
- 30 semester hours
- Accelerated program
MSM 6320 Organizational Behavior, 3 hours
MSM 6321 Business Analytics, 3 hours
MSM 6322 Personnel/HR Management, 3 hours
MSM 6323 Marketing Perspective for Mgt, 3 hours
MSM 6324 Employment Law for Mgt, 3 hours
MSM 6325 Financial Management, 3 hours
MSM 6326 Ethics for Business & Mgt, 3 hours
MSM 6327 Global Business Perspectives, 3 hours
MSM 6328 Mgt Information Systems, 3 hours
MSM 6329 Business Policy & Strategy, 3 hours
MSM 6090 Case Studies, 0 hours
Total Semester Hours for the M.S.M. Program: 30 hours
Admission to the Master of Science in Management program requires that all applicants meet the following criteria:
- Students must submit a completed graduate application.
- Students are required to submit a resume including education and at least four years of relevant work experience. The Academic Department will determine “relevancy” based on professional expertise and experience gained relative to business and management.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official copies of all transcripts must be received prior to consideration for admission and must be sent from each college or university attended directly to Graduate Enrollment at Faulkner University. Hand-delivered copies, photocopies, and print-outs of grade reports are not acceptable.
- Applicants are required to take the GMAT examination. Applicants should submit GMAT scores to Faulkner University that are 2 years old or less. While minimum GPAs will be enforced, applicants will also have to meet the following standard for admission:
- (Undergraduate GPA x 200)+GMAT score=900 or higher.
- Applicants who do not have a current GMAT score to submit may be allowed to enroll on a conditional basis. They will, however, have to complete the GMAT by the end of the first 60 days of starting their M.S.M. coursework in order to remain enrolled.
- Students seeking admission to the MSM program must have completed a course in Statistics, Quantitative Business Analysis, or Operations Research. It is strongly recommended that students enrolling in the program should have completed courses in Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, and Information Systems.
NOTE: Previously taken graduate courses are not transferable.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
Tuition and Fees
- $525 per semester hour
- $55 per semester hour online course fee
- View full tuition and fee schedule for all programs.