Faulkner University welcomes international students into our graduate programs. Many international students find our campus to be a comfortable environment where transition into a new culture is a wonderful experience.
Complete an application for admission on line for the program you desire. Applications are located on the program website
Fees for all international students
- a non-refundable application fee of $50
- an international student processing fee of $150
These fees may be paid by wire transfer or with a credit card issued by a United States bank (Faulkner University cannot accept credit card payments from foreign banks).
Please e-mail email@example.com for the wire transfer information needed to pay the application fee or for credit card transfer information.
Provide recommendation letters or a résumé as described in the application procedures for the desired graduate program.
Additional steps for admission to Faulkner University Graduate Programs:
- Complete affidavit for financial support
- Financial Certification form
- Affidavit letter from the sponsor (if applicable).
- Send an original statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution giving the following details regarding your personal account or your sponsor’s account: the date the account was opened, total amount deposited for the past year, present balance.
- If you are transferring to Faulkner University from another United States college or university, you and the DSO from your current school must complete the transfer form so that your current I-20 will remain in force.
- Provide certified, translated transcript(s) of previous education training from all schools outside the United States. Transcripts must be certified through either Lisano International or World Education Services. Students should request the document-by-document report for the high school diploma/completion certificate, and the course-by-course report for college transcripts.
- Students who have earned college credit from regionally accredited colleges or universities in the United States must submit to Faulkner University original transcripts for all courses attempted.
- Provide an acceptable documentation of English proficiency on a standardized test. Graduate students, from countries where English is not the native language, are required to take and submit an acceptable score on either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score reports are required for admission to the Undergraduate and the Graduate programs and may be ordered from Educational Testing Services (ETS) or IELTS. The TOEFL code number for Faulkner University is 1034. The minimum requirements for graduate admission on the TOEFL are 550 (on the paper test), 213 (on the computer based test), or 79 (on the internet based test).
- The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5.
- Students may also provide documentation of the completion of an appropriate ESL program at a language center located in the United States or transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States showing successful completion of English Composition I and II.
- All students are required to submit evidence of a passing score for the standardized entrance examination for the specific graduate program desired as indicated in the admissions requirements for that graduate program.
Once you have completed an application, and received your student identification number, you may submit your deposit online with a credit card or submit your deposit via wire transfer. There is an additional $15 Wire Transfer Fee to be applied to all wire transfers. If you elect to submit your deposit by wire transfer simply take the wire transfer instructions to your financial institution to begin the wire process.
Letters of Acceptance
After international graduate students complete the steps above, Faulkner will review the materials and consider the request for admission. If the review determines that the applicant has met the institution’s admission requirements for international students and the admission requirements for the program of your choice, then Faulkner will send a letter of acceptance to the student and issue an I-20. The I-20 will allow you to interview for the visa. Actual time that individual students are allowed to remain in the U.S. will vary.
Prospective and current international students are responsible for staying informed of the United States Department of Homeland Security and regulations for the International Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). It is your responsibility to obtain your visa, file your I-901 form and pay the mandatory SEVIS fee, and make any necessary travel arrangements.
Please direct any questions or comments to the Director of International Programs; firstname.lastname@example.org.