Admission to the Master of Science in Management program requires that all applicants meet the following criteria:
- Students must submit a completed graduate application.
- Students are required to submit a resume including education and at least four years of relevant work experience. The Academic Department will determine “relevancy” based on professional expertise and experience gained relative to business and management.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official copies of all transcripts must be received prior to consideration for admission and must be sent from each college or university attended directly to Graduate Enrollment at Faulkner University. Hand-delivered copies, photocopies, and print-outs of grade reports are not acceptable.
- Applicants are required to take the GMAT examination. Applicants should submit GMAT scores to Faulkner University that are 2 years old or less. While minimum GPAs will be enforced, applicants will also have to meet the following standard for admission:
- (Undergraduate GPA x 200)+GMAT score=900 or higher.
- Applicants who do not have a current GMAT score to submit may be allowed to enroll on a conditional basis for one semester provided they have the appropriate GPA and prerequisites. They will, however, have to take the GMAT by the end of the first semester. Students not making the requisite GMAT/GPA composite score (see formula above) will need to be in good academic standing to be considered for continued enrollment in the program.
- Students seeking admission to the MSM program must have completed a course in Statistics, Quantitative Business Analysis, or Operations Research. It is strongly recommended that students enrolling in the program should have completed courses in Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, and Information Systems.
NOTE: Previously taken graduate courses are not transferable.
Any exceptions to the admission criteria are considered by the MSM Academic Review Committee. The committee is comprised of the Director of the MSM department, Director of the BBA department, Director of the HRM department, Director of the BSB department, Director of the MBA department, and the Dean of the College of Business.