Master of Science in Counseling FAQs
- What is the tuition fee?
$550 per credit hour.
- Do you have to have an undergraduate degree in counseling or have to have counseling courses to go into the Masters?
No, as long as you have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Can I be accepted into the program prior to taking the MAT?
NO, you must take this test before entering into the program.
- What if I already took the test, but I don’t have access to the scores?
If it has been over 5 years you must retake the test.
- Where do I go to take the MAT test?
Several colleges offer the test, if you need more information you can go to the testing website: http://psychcorp.pearsonassessments.com
- Do I have to get transcripts from each university attended even if I did not graduate from there?
Yes, we have to have all official transcripts from each college attended.
- How many hours can I take per semester?
Six hours is considered Full-time for Master programs. Up to 9 hours may be taken. Any amount over 9 hours must be approved.
- Is all of the coursework online?
About 85% of the coursework will be online through the Blackboard. Clinical Training I and Clinical Training II require students to meet on campus once at the beginning of the semester for a week. Counseling Practicum is a hands-on field experience.
- Why should I study counseling online?
For more information about the benefits and facts of online counseling programs, please visit: http://www.onlinecolleges.net/degrees/counseling/
For more information please email us at Counseling@faulkner.edu. We hope to be a part of accomplishing your educational goals!