Faulkner University provides a variety of clinical experiences to help students become highly-skilled and well-rounded clinicians.
Semesters 1 and 2
During the first two semesters in the program, students will complete a clinical practicum on campus in Faulkner’s brand new, state-of-the-art clinical center. Here, students receive one-on-one clinical supervision, training, and mentoring from our experienced clinical faculty members. Students have the opportunity to evaluate and treat a wide variety of patients, from babies to the elderly, with a range of communication and swallowing disorders.
During the summer semester, students have several clinical opportunities to choose from.
- Summer Special Needs Day Camp: These fun summer day camps are for children in the Montgomery area with special needs. The children will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of fun learning activities, while also receiving speech therapy services. Students learn how to integrate speech therapy into camp activities, like circle time, art class, and games.
- Medical Missions: Each year, a small group of students is selected to accompany a professor on an interdisciplinary medical mission to a developing country to provide speech therapy to a diverse population of patients.
- Clinical Center: The Clinical Center will continue to offer speech therapy to the local community during the summer, so students may continue to earn additional clinical hours on campus in the Clinical Center.
Semesters 4 and 5
During the final two semesters in the program, students will complete 2 internships- one in an adult setting and one in a pediatric setting. Students are given the opportunity to request internship sites that match their personal career goals. For example, a student who wishes to work on a craniofacial team can request an internship in a children’s hospital, or a student who wishes to work with adults in post-acute rehabilitation can request an internship in a rehabilitation hospital. Since students do not have to take any academic courses on campus during these semesters, they are free to pursue internships anywhere in the country. These personalized internships are a key feature of our MS SLP program because they allow students to build professional networks and gain the specialized experience needed to shape their career path.
- Graduate Degrees
- Master in Biblical Studies
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master in Christian Counseling and Family Ministry
- Master in Christian Ministry
- Master in Counseling
- Master in Curriculum Instruction
- Master in Elementary Education
- Master in Humanities
- Master in Justice Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Education in School Counseling
- Master in Speech Language Pathology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities