The mission of Faulkner University’s Department of Speech Language Pathology is to prepare students, through excellence in instruction, research, and clinical practice, to be leading speech-language pathologists who glorify God by serving others.
The Faulkner University Department of Speech Language Pathology will earn the reputation of a leading contributor to the field of speech language pathology by graduating outstanding speech-language pathologists, developing distinguished faculty members, generating relevant research, and serving the local community with excellent therapy services.
MA/MS Student Learning Outcomes for On-ground and Online Programs
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of typical and disordered human communication and swallowing processes.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and skills regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of people with communication and swallowing disorders.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and skills in research methods, statics, and the integration of research principles into evidence-based practice.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and skills in professional ethical conduct, contemporary issues, regulations/policies, and collaboration.
- Students will use their knowledge and skills to reach out to the local and global community to be the hands and feet of Christ.
Strategic Plan Focus Areas
- Student Success: graduate students successfully complete their program on time, pass the Praxis exam, and gain employment or pursue post-graduate education.
- Professional Development: faculty members regularly attend workshops, conferences, and ASHA Convention to improve their scholarly and teaching skills.
- Research: faculty members regularly engage in scholarly activities by conducting research studies, speaking at conferences, writing/editing textbooks, serving as peer reviewers for scholarly journals, etc.
- Clinical Service: SLP students and faculty members provide quality therapy services to Clinical Center patients and through volunteer efforts to the community.
To request a copy of the MS SLP Program Strategic Plan, email email@example.com.
- Graduate Degrees
- Master in Biblical Studies
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master in Counseling
- Master in Curriculum Instruction
- Master in Elementary Education Class A Certification
- Master in Elementary Education Alternative A
- Master in Humanities
- Master in Justice Administration
- Master in Physician Assistant Studies (MS-PAS)
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Education School Counseling
- Master in Speech Language Pathology (MSLP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences (PhD HS)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities Graduate Degrees