Faulkner University provides a variety of clinical experiences to help students become highly-skilled and well-rounded clinicians.
Semesters 1, 2, & 3
During the first three semesters in the program, students will complete a clinical practicum on campus in Faulkner’s brand new, state-of-the-art clinical center. Here, students receive one-on-one clinical supervision, training, and mentoring from our experienced clinical faculty members. Students have the opportunity to evaluate and treat a wide variety of patients, from babies to the elderly, with a range of communication and swallowing disorders.
Semesters 4 and 5
During the final two semesters in the program, students will complete 2 internships- one in an adult setting and one in a pediatric setting. Students are given the opportunity to request internship sites that match their personal career goals. For example, a student who wishes to work on a craniofacial team can request an internship in a children’s hospital, or a student who wishes to work with adults in post-acute rehabilitation can request an internship in a rehabilitation hospital. Since students do not have to take any academic courses on campus during these semesters, they are free to pursue internships anywhere in the country. These personalized internships are a key feature of our MS SLP program because they allow students to build professional networks and gain the specialized experience needed to shape their career path.
- Graduate Degrees
- Master in Biblical Studies
- Master in Christian Ministry
- Master of Arts in Family Life Ministry
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master in Counseling
- Master in Curriculum Instruction
- Master in Elementary Education Class A Certification
- Master in Elementary Education Alternative A
- Master in Humanities
- Master in Justice Administration
- Master in Physician Assistant Studies (MS-PAS)
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Education School Counseling
- Master in Speech Language Pathology (MSLP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities Graduate Degrees