Nichols Library welcomes students, faculty, staff, and the public to use its facility to further their knowledge, education and research. The primary purpose of the circulating iPads is to obtain information. All users of Nichols Library assume responsibility for using library equipment in an ethical and legal manner, in accordance with University policies and state and federal laws.
iPads are provided primarily for library-related activities: library catalog access, databases, websites, research, etc. Following are some guidelines for use of the circulating iPads available at Nichols Library.
- Only current students, faculty, and staff may check out iPads.
- Each borrower must fill out an iPad Liability Form each academic semester.
- Patrons with library holds or suspended library privileges (overdue fines, lost or damaged materials, etc.) MAY NOT borrow iPads until their library account is cleared of ALL charges.
- Full time students may check out iPads for 7 days.
- Dual enrolled students may check out iPads for their Class Period ONLY.
- Faculty may check out the Mobile Lab for one class period.
- iPads are checked out individually on a first come first serve basis and cannot be reserved—checking out the Mobile Lab requires reservation as this must be scheduled ahead of time.
- iPads may not be renewed to extend checkout period. There is a 48 hour waiting period before patrons may check out another iPad.
- The patron must have a valid University ID (with a visible picture). Library staff reserves the right to verify the user as a current student, faculty, or staff member.
- The following items will be included in the kit checked out to patrons:
- protective cover
- power adapter
- carrying case
- iPads may be rented for an entire semester for a NON-REFUNDABLE rental fee of $100.00.
- Payment must be made to the business office before an iPad will be issued. A receipt verifying payment must be presented. You may pay online.
- The iPad must be returned by the last day of the semester. There is no grace period and replacement charges will be added to the patron’s account immediately.
- iPads must be returned to a member of the library staff. If a patron leaves an iPad unattended they will still be responsible for any and all fines that may be incurred due to overdue fines, damage, or loss.
- The iPad will be checked for damage before check-in.
- If damage has occurred, charges will be assessed accordingly.
Fines, Fees, and Replacement Costs
Fines and Fees:
|Overdue fine (per day)||$10.00|
Late fines are $10.00 per day. The maximum fine is $350.00. There is no grace period. Any iPad that is 5 days overdue will be declared lost and a total charge will be determined by the replacement costs and processing fees listed above and will be billed to the patron’s account. If the iPad is returned in good condition, the lost charge may be forgiven. The fine and processing fee will not be forgiven. (Replacement costs price list may be updated periodically and without notice.)
Statement of Liability / iPad Loan Agreement
I have read the above policy and understand that I am responsible for replacement costs of any missing or damaged iPads/components.
I hereby give express permission to Faulkner University to bill me for any amount Nichols Library and Faulkner determines that I owe under this Agreement, either for late fees or equipment damage or loss. I will make payment directly to Faulkner within thirty (30) days of the iPad return or notification by Nichols Library of the amount owed, whichever occurs first.
Furthermore, I understand and agree that failure to follow all written policies may result in the loss of future library privileges.