How to Register for CLEP Exams
CLEP examinations are administered in the University Testing Center, located on the second floor of Nichols Library. Examinees must submit their registration forms at least one week prior to the exam date. Registrations will be accepted in the order they are received and, depending on space limitations, examinees may be required to reschedule for a later time or date. For this reason, registration forms, along with the proper fees, should be submitted as soon as possible.
Registration forms may be submitted by mail or delivered in person to Angie Moore at Nichols Library.
There are two separate fees associated with CLEP exams:
- A $20.00 registration fee. This fee can be paid by cash, check, or money order made payable to Faulkner University and must accompany the registration form.
- $87.00 exam fee for the CLEP test must be paid to CLEP via the CLEP website at https://clep.collegeboard.org/register before the day of the exam. Contact CLEP Services at (800) 257-9558 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding registration or the CLEP exam registration ticket.
Only one form of identification is now required.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Government-issued passport with name, photograph, and signature
- Driver’s license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph, and signature
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- Tribal ID card with name, photograph, and signature
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship with name, photograph, and signature
- A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) with name, photograph, and signature
- If the student is a minor and unable to provide a primary government-issued ID, then the College Board Student ID Form must be used for identification purposes. The Student ID Form can be downloaded from the Exam Day Info page of the CLEP website: http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam-day-info.
Unacceptable forms of identification include (but are not limited to):
- Credit or debit cards of any kind
- Social Security card
- Employee or Work ID
- School ID
- Any document that is photocopied or expired
- Any document that does not bear a recent recognizable photograph that clearly matches the test-taker
- Any document that does not bear registrant’s name in roman English characters exactly as it appears on the Registration Ticket
- Any document that is worn, torn, scuffed, scarred, or otherwise damaged in such a manner that it renders any part of the text on the ID card illegible or renders any part of the photograph unrecognizable
- Any document that appears tampered with or altered
CLEP requires a waiting period of three months before repeating an exam of the same title.
Contact Angie Moore at 334-386-7209 or email@example.com with any additional questions.