Associate of Science in Computer & Information Science
This program focuses on the problem solving skills and techniques needed to provide computer-based solutions to practical problems, integrating fundamental practical knowledge in the fields of software engineering, database systems, programming languages, and computer networks.
Christian Literacy – 8 hours
BI 1211 Life of Christ (2 hours)
BI 1214 Book of Acts (2 hours)
BI 2202 Pentateuch (2 hours)
BI 2203 Conquest through the Divided Kingdom (2 hours)
Cultural Heritage Literacy – 6 hours
HU 1310 Western Cultural Heritage I (3 hours)
HY 2320 American Cultural Heritage (3 hours)
Information and Communication Literacy – 15 hours
Composition and Literature
EH 1301 English Composition I (3hours)
EH 1302 English Composition II (3 hours)
Choose one of the following: (3 hours)
EH 2301 Survey of English Literature I or
EH 2303 Survey of American Literature I or
EH 2304 Survey of American Literature II
EH 1303 Speech Communication (3 hours)
CSIS 1301 Intro to Computer and I.S. (3 hours)
Mathematical and Scientific Literacy – 11 hours
MH 1340 Pre-Calculus Algebra (3 hours)
One course from Physical Science, Chemistry or Physics (4 hours) with companion lab
One course from Biology (4 hours) with companion lab
Personal and Social Literacy – 6 hours
PE 1300 Lifetime Fitness (3 hours)
CSIS 2315 Computers, Ethics and Society (3 hours)
Professional Literacy – 21 hours
CSIS 1305 Computer Programming I (3 hours)
CSIS 2306 Computer Programming II (3 hours)
CSIS 2360 Intro. To Requirements Analysis & Software Design (3 hours)
CSIS 2350 Introduction to Database Concepts (3 hours)
CSIS 2376 Introduction to Visual Programming (3 hours)
BA 2301 Principles of Accounting I (3 hours)
BA 2302 Principles of Accounting II (3 hours)
Core Curriculum Requirements 46 hours
Professional and Major Field 21 hours
Total Hours required for Graduation 67 hours
- Must be a high school graduate with a regular or advanced diploma or have a GED certificate
- If out of high school for less than five years, ACT (minimum 18 composite) or SAT (minimum 970) scores are required. ACT or SAT scores are not required for anyone having graduated high school more than five years ago.
- ACT or SAT scores are not required for transfer applicants with a minimum of 24 transferable hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Request official transcripts from all previously attended schools be sent directly to the address below.
4524 Southlake Pkwy
Hoover, AL 35244
- $305 per semester hour
- $55 per semester hour fee for courses completed online
- View full tuition and fee schedule for all programs.