Introduction

College of Biblical Studies awards Andrew Itson Young Alumnus of the Year

andrew-itsonAndrew Itson was one of 31 graduates from Faulkner University who returned to campus for the second annual Marketplace Faith Forums to speak with current students on how Faulkner, their classes, professors and faith helped them on a successful career path.

The College of Biblical Studies awarded Andrew Itson as Young Alumnus of the Year and fellow alumnus,  “Butch” Jones as the Distinguished Alumnus of the Year. Several other graduates from the Bible department also spoke during the forum.

College of Biblical Studies

Andrew Itson- Young Alumnus

Andrew graduated from Faulkner University with a Bachelor’s degree in 2009 and earned a Master of Arts in Biblical studies in 2015. He currently serves as the minister of the Robertsdale Church of Christ in Robertsdale, Alabama.

He is currently pursing a Doctorate in Leadership in Ministry and Religion from the University of the Cumberlands.

Looking back on his time at Faulkner, Andrew considers that period as one of the greatest blessings to his walk with Christ, he said.

“The faculty and staff at Faulkner have been and continue to be a positive influence in my life,” Andrew said. “The relationships I built with other students during my time at Faulkner provided an incredible sense of community and provided me many opportunities to lead and be involved in local church work.

“After receiving my Bachelor’s degree, I took a leap of faith to begin my Master’s at Faulkner. I have never regretted that decision once. Being able to learn from men like Dr. Donnie Hilliard, Dr. Floyd Parker, Dr. Carl Cheatham and Dr. Randall Bailey blessed my life more that I could ever describe.”

Andrew is married to Lauri Ann Itson, a fellow graduate of Faulkner University and they have two boys, Crews, 5, and Cameron, 1.