Associate of Science in Legal Studies
From understanding the fine print, to administering a big case, our Legal Studies program provides the background that can put you out front in the legal profession. Courses such as legal research, criminal evidence, family and property law, and probating wills are combined with directed studies and professional internship. Gain the skills and education that will make you a courted professional in the field of law.
Core Requirements – 46 hours
BI 1315 Biblical Worldview I
BI 1316 Biblical Worldview II
BI 2318 Understanding the Bible
BI 2304 Paralegal Ethics
EH 1301 English Composition I
EH 1302 English Composition II
HU 2315 Western Tradition I
HU 2325 Western Tradition II
HY 2320 American Heritage Culture
BIO 2320 Man & His Environment
Bio 2120 Lab
EH 1303 Speech Communication
Technology (CSIS 1301 or CS 1305)
MH 1338 Finite Math (or higher)
PE 1300 Lifetime Fitness
LS 1300 Intro to Paralegalism I
Major Course – 16 hours
LS 1310 Legal Research and Writing
LS 1320 Law Office Management
LS 2190 Paralegal Portfolio
LS 2340 Civil Procedures
LS 2370 Tort Law
LS 2341 Evidence for Paralegals
Choose four of the following: (12 hours)
LS 2310 Family Law
LS 2320 Real Property Law
LS 2330 Probates/Wills/Estates/Trusts
LS 2346 Criminal Law and Procedure
LS 2350 Directed Study (CLA Exam)
LS 2360 Internship
LS 2380 Business Law
Core Curriculum Requirements 46 hours
Professional and Major Field 28 hours
Total Hours Required for Graduation 74 hours
- Must be a high school graduate with a regular or advanced diploma or have a GED certificate
- If out of high school for less than five years, ACT (minimum 18 composite) or SAT (minimum 970) scores are required. ACT or SAT scores are not required for anyone having graduated high school more than five years ago.
- ACT or SAT scores are not required for transfer applicants with a minimum of 24 transferable hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Request official transcripts from all previously attended schools be sent directly to the address below.
3943 Airport Blvd.
Mobile, AL 36608
- $315 per semester hour
- $55 per semester hour fee for courses completed online
- View full tuition and fee schedule for all programs.