Master of Theology
Are you looking to grow in your knowledge and skills in academic biblical studies? Our Master of Theology (ThM) graduate degree program will prepare you for doctoral level work and provide you with even greater understanding of the biblical text. Our ThM program is available completely online, allowing you to continue working and remain engaged with your family and congregation while you study.
Faulkner University is a private, Christian liberal arts university based in Montgomery, Alabama, with additional campuses in Birmingham, Mobile, and Huntsville. Since 1942, we have been providing a faith-based higher education to undergraduates, graduates, and working adults through a variety of on-campus and online degree plan formats. If you are interested in pursuing an online Master of Theology degree, explore higher education at Faulkner University.
Master of Theology Program Overview
If you have kids to raise or are busy at the office during the day, you need a flexible, affordable educational option that allows you to learn on your own time. At Faulkner University, you can complete our Master of Theology degree program completely online – without ever stepping foot on campus.
The degree program requires 31-34 credit hours, featuring biblical, language, and theological courses. Those courses include:
- Introduction to Graduate Biblical Studies
- Biblical Scholarship and Christian Ministry
- Advanced Studies in Biblical Heremeneutics
- Studies in Biblical Backgrounds or Intertestamental Literature
- At least 3 courses in biblical books
Our ThM program provides students with an in-depth, graduate and post-graduate-level understanding of academic biblical studies. When you complete the program, you will be ready to continue your educational journey at the doctoral level and can apply some of your courses toward a Doctor of Philosophy (Biblical Studies) at Faulkner. For more information, view the full degree plan.
Why Choose Faulkner University?
At Faulkner University, we focus on uncovering Biblical truths and helping our students to incorporate them into their personal ministries. When you enroll in an online course at Faulkner University, you will have ample access to your professors and will experience the same hands-on education that you would on campus.
By combining a high-quality, 21st century education with traditional Christian values, we foster an environment that promotes spiritual growth and wellbeing. As a tight-knit community with a total enrollment of just over 3,000 students, you will not be just another face in the crowd like you might be at a larger institution. Whether you are a recent high school graduate or working adult, you will have all the tools necessary to accelerate your career – and relationship with Christ.
Begin a Career of Service at Faulkner University
For adults seeking an online, Christian-based education, Faulkner University offers over 70 majors in a broad range of formats to best serve the needs of our diverse student base. All of our degree programs include a core of classes that are rich in biblical material and strive to educate the whole person.
If you are interested in earning a Master of Theology at Faulkner University, apply now, submit your transcripts, view admission requirements, and request more information today.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via email to your enrollment counselor.
Prospective students must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed application
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in ministry, religious studies, biblical studies, or a related field; you must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study.
- At least one recommendation letter must be from a church leader.
- A goals statement of at least 1000 words specifying personal goals and stating ways that the Master of Arts program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals.
Include in this goals statement:
(1) background preparation for the degree
(2) basis for the choice of the KGST
(3) spiritual and academic goals
(4) impact of the degree sought on financiers and personal, employment, and family time.
A student must obtain a score of 40 or above (out of 60 possible points) as partial qualification for admission.
Tuition and Fees
2022-2023 Financial Information
|Tuition||$575 per semester hour|
|General Fee||$350 per semester ($250 if 11 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$70 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|