The Cloverdale Center for Youth and Family Ministry, working through Faulkner University, educates students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
On the main campus a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biblical Studies with a Youth & Family Ministry Major is offered. This degree was designed with the strong belief that youth ministry should include the family and the youth minister should be thoroughly grounded in his knowledge of the Bible. The major in Youth & Family Ministry, therefore, is designed to equip undergraduates with the necessary knowledge and relational skills to effectively meet the needs of today’s church families.
Twenty-one hours of specialized course work is required for the Youth & Family Ministry Major.
- FY 2301 Introduction to Youth Ministry
- BI 2320 Introduction to Counseling Theories
- FY 2330 Parent-Child Relationships
- FY 3310 Childhood and Adolescence
- FY 3313 Human Sexuality
- FY 3330 Youth & Family Ministry in the Local Church
- FY 4390 Field Work
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is a 36-hour program with the option of 30 hours of course work and a thesis or the option of 36 hours of course work. With either option a written comprehensive examination and an oral examination or interview are required. The degree program consists of an 18-hour core with a strong biblical emphasis plus an area of concentration in Youth & Family Ministry.
The required classes for the Youth & Family Ministry Major include:
- BI 5380 Family Strengths – Theoretical Foundations
- BI 5381 Individual Development & Family Relations
- BI 5382 Family Research Methods
- BI 5383 Youth & Family Ministry Practicum