In the event that campus facilities or a campus must be evacuated, the following general procedures should be followed:
All building evacuations will occur by an Eagle Alert notification, an alarm and/or upon notification by Campus Security or University personnel.
- When the building evacuation alarm is activated during an emergency, leave by the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- Resident Supervisors and Assistants are designated to assist disabled resident students during an emergency. If Resident Supervisors and Assistants are not available, others must assist persons with disabilities in exiting the building. Do not panic.
- Do not use the elevator in cases of fire and/or earthquake. Use stairway.
- Once outside, proceed to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas, and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by a Faulkner University official.
- Important: After any evacuation, report to your designated area assembly point.
- Montgomery Campus
- South: Front of campus vacant lot
- East: Parking lot
- North: Near Tennis Courts
- West: Vacant Lot near Davis Dorm.
- Birmingham Campus
- Huntsville Campus
- Mobile Campus
All campus evacuations will occur by an Eagle Alert notification, an alarm and/or upon notification by Campus Security or University personnel.
- All persons (students, faculty, and staff) are to immediately vacate the site in question and relocate to another area or part of the campus grounds as directed.
Questions or suggestions regarding the procedures and response should be directed to Campus Security at (334) 386-7250 or email@example.com.