In the learning process, professors and students work together as a team. The Academic Success Program (ASP) aims to assist students in fulfilling their academic potential and achieving their maximum level of academic and professional success. The ASP provides proactive support to students, empowering them to achieve a higher level of effectiveness by:
- Welcoming first-year students into an environment they may find unfamiliar and assisting them in making a successful transition from their varied backgrounds to their new roles as law students and future members of the legal profession.
- Offering MiniPrep to facilitate students’ transition into law school. MiniPrep is a course conducted before Orientation that provides students with a fast-paced, condensed introduction to virtually every element of the law school experience that successful students are expected to master.
- Integrating first-year students into the law school process and curriculum through the development of crucial skills that will help students learn, analyze, and communicate the law, and improving their performance in the law classroom, on law school exams, on the Bar exam and in the practice of law or in the professional world;
- Providing an avenue by which all students can take advantage of the resources available to them; and
- Encouraging students to develop and successfully use their own individual learning styles.
The Academic Success Program provides several services for all students and to students who have particular needs. These services include:
- Workshops: General Study Skills, Time/Stress Management, Note-Taking Skills, Case Briefing and Analysis, Outlining, Legal Writing and Test-Taking Strategies;
- Tutorial Programs;
- Study-Skills Library.