The GI Bill™
Do I qualify?
The Department of Veterans Affairs will make the final determination of eligibility based on official service records, evidence submitted by the student, and all applicable veterans’ laws.
To contact the VA, call 1-888-442-4551 or
Go to www.gibill.va.gov
Once you know which benefit you will be using, you are ready to enroll in school. Follow the checklist below and print out the corresponding New Student Paperwork that applies to you. Keep copies of everything for your own records.
(Returning students contact your School-Certifying Official.)
Once your initial paperwork is complete, the process is essentially the same for each semester:
- Contact Faulkner’s School Certifying Official (SCO) at your campus.
- Montgomery – (334) 386-7146 or (800) 879-9816, ext. 7146
- Birmingham – (205 879-5588 or (888) 816-2776
- Huntsville – (256) 830-2626 or (888) 816-2775
- Mobile – (251) 380-9090 or (888) 816-2777
- Complete Registration for Classes.
- We cannot certify your enrollment until you are actually enrolled.
- Tell your SCO that you are registered for classes.
- Chapters 30, 1607, 1606 verify your attendance (on the last day of each month) by calling (877) 823-2378, or go to WAVE (our recommendation)
Contact your SCO of any possible major or schedule changes to determined how these changes will affect your VA benefits.