Mission, Vision, Outcomes
The mission of Faulkner University’s Department of Speech Language Pathology is to prepare students, through excellence in instruction, research, and clinical practice, to be leading speech-language pathologists who glorify God by serving others.
The Faulkner University Department of Speech Language Pathology will earn the reputation of a leading contributor to the field of speech language pathology by graduating outstanding speech-language pathologists, developing distinguished faculty members, generating relevant research, and serving the local community with excellent therapy services.
MA/MS Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of typical and disordered human communication and swallowing processes.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and skills regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of people with communication and swallowing disorders.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and skills in research methods, statics, and the integration of research principles into evidence-based practice.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and skills in professional ethical conduct, contemporary issues, regulations/policies, and collaboration.
- Students will use their knowledge and skills to reach out to the local and global community to be the hands and feet of Christ.
To request a copy of the MS SLP Program Strategic Plan, email email@example.com.