Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program prepares students to fulfill their mission to serve Jesus Christ through their vocations. The program is a reflection of Faulkner University’s effort to foster professional ministry based on a thorough understanding of the Christian principles and ethics that shape the university’s mission. This degree program empower students to serve people in various church ministries.
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program provides a core curriculum with a strong Christian and biblical emphasis. The program is focused on preparing graduates for more effective service in the church and on providing a solid groundwork for continued training.Program Design
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program requires 36 semester hours of coursework, with thesis and non-thesis options. A supervised ministry practicum is required. To continue in the he MACM program a student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
The objectives of the MACM program are for graduates to:
- find successful employment in field and/or entrance into further graduate education programs, and
- have thorough knowledge of the Bible and related areas in Biblical Studies, qualifying them to be effectively teach the Bible.
The primary student learning outcomes for students in this program are for graduates to:
- apply knowledge and skills developed in the program to successfully teach the Bible in churches or undergraduate college programs, and
- have a good working knowledge of issues involved in working as a servant of the church, serving under a particular congregation’s leaders.
MACM Course Requirements
Core MACM Courses – 21 semester hours (seven courses)
(Nine courses for students without undergraduate Biblical Studies degrees)
Three semester-hour courses:
BI 5300 Introduction to Graduate Biblical Studies
BI 5301 Biblical Interpretation
BI 5305 Advanced Introduction to the Old Testament
BI 5306 Old Testament Theology
BI 5320 Advanced Introduction to the New Testament
BI 5321 New Testament Theology
BI 5353 Supervised Practice of Ministry
Zero semester-hour courses
Only for students without undergraduate Biblical Studies degrees:
BI 5002 Orientation to Biblical Literature
BI 5003 Orientation to Critical Studies
MACM Electives – 15 hours (five courses)
See KGST Catalog for course listings.
Students who choose thesis option take three content courses plus two thesis courses.
BI 5090 MACM Comprehensive Examination
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completed graduate application.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; you must provide official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. At least one recommendation must be from a church leader.
- A statement of goals at least 1000 words specifying personal goals and stating ways that the Master of Arts program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals. Include in this goals statement: (1) background preparation for the degree; (2) basis for the choice of the KGST; (3) spiritual and academic goals; (4) impact of the degree sought on financiers and personal, employment, and family time. A student must obtain a score of 40 or above (out of 60 possible points) as partial qualification for admission.
A maximum of six semester hours can be transferred into the M.A. program from a regionally accredited institution. Transfer hours must be approved by the dean of biblical studies.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
2019-2020 Financial Information
|Tuition||$550 per semester hour|
|Eagle I Initiative Fee||$100 per semester ($50 if 3 hours or less)|
|Registration Fee||$120 per semester ($60 if 3 hours or less)|
|Online Course Fee||$60 per semester hour|
|Applicable Course Fees||see full tuition and fee schedule|