Checking Out iPads
Nichols Library welcomes students, faculty, staff, and the public to use its facility to further their knowledge, education, and research. The primary purpose of the circulating iPads is to obtain information. All users of Nichols Library assume responsibility for using all library computers in an ethical and legal manner in accordance with University policies and state and federal laws.
The iPads are provided primarily for library-related activities: library catalog access, databases, websites, etc. Following are some guidelines for use of the circulating iPads available at Nichols Library.
- Only current students, faculty, and staff may check out iPads.
- Each borrower must fill out an iPad Liability Form each academic semester.
- Patrons with library holds or suspended library privileges (overdue fines, lost or damaged materials, etc.) MAY NOT borrow iPads until their library account is cleared of ALL charges.
- Individuals may check out iPads for 7 days.
- Faculty may check out the Mobile Lab for one class period.
- iPads are checked out individually on a first come first serve basis and cannot be reserved. Checking out the Mobile Lab requires reservation as this must be scheduled ahead of time. Contact the library for more information.
- iPads may not be renewed to extend checkout period. There is a 48 hour waiting period before patrons may check out another iPad.
- The patron must have a valid University ID (with a visible picture). Library staff reserves the right to verify the user as a current student, faculty or staff member.
- The following items will be included in the kit checked out to patrons:
- Protective Cover
- Power Adapter
- Carrying Case
- iPads must be returned to a member of the library staff. If a patron leaves an iPad unattended they will still be responsible for any and all fines that may be incurred due to overdue fines, damage, or loss.
- The iPad will be checked for damage before check-in.
- If damage has occurred, charges will be assessed accordingly.
Overdue fine (per day) $10.00
- iPad $500.00
- Power Adapter $40.00
- Protective Cover $20.00
- Carrying Case $35.00
Late fines are $10.00 per day. The maximum fine is $50.00. There is no grace period. Any iPad that is 5 days overdue will be declared lost and a total charge will be determined by the replacement costs and processing fees listed above and will be billed to the patron's account. If the iPad is returned in good condition, the lost charge may be forgiven. The fines and processing fee will not be forgiven. (Replacement costs price list may be updated periodically and without notice.)