Faulkner University offices will have a new phone system installed on Sept. 24. The university will be without voicemail until then.

Admissions Graduate FAQs

Click a question below to view the answer.

Do you offer master’s degree programs online?

Yes, we do. Degree programs in Counseling, Justice Administration, Biblical Studies, Christian Ministry, and Letters are all offered in an online format. The Master of Science in Management program is offered in a hybrid format requiring completion of coursework both on campus and online. In addition, the Master of Education program can be completed on campus in Montgomery.


Are Ph.D. programs offered online?

Yes, both the Ph.D. in humanities and the Ph.D. in Biblical studies are available online.


Are Graduate Entrance Exams required (GRE, MAT, GMAT)?

It depends on the program you intend to pursue. Certain programs do require one of these exams, but some do not. Please review the program information for the degree you intend to pursue for specifics or contact our office (334-386-7343, graduateenrollment@faulkner.edu).


What is the required GPA to enter a program?

You must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.


How long will it take to complete the program?

The completion time will vary based on the program selected. The Master of Science in Management can be completed in one year. The Master of Justice Administration can be completed in 14 months. Please refer to the “academics” section for the length of each specific program.


Can I work full time and still go to school?

Absolutely! In fact, most of our students continue working while earning a degree. Programs are designed around working adults and those with families.


What if my bachelor’s degree is not in the field I’m pursuing?

Your bachelor’s degree does not have to be in the field you are pursuing, but you must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university to be considered for admission.


Do I have to have to obtain a transcript from a school even if I did not graduate from there, but took classes?

Yes, official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities are required, even if you did not graduate from that particular school.


Is it possible to meet with someone in person regarding a graduate program?

That can easily be arranged by contacting Alison Cahoon (334-386-7343, acahoon@faulkner.edu) or Brittney Barganier (334-386-7334, bbarganier@faulkner.edu).