What rights does an employee have if they receive a negative performance review or any type of corrective action?

An employee is always strongly encouraged to discuss any disciplinary actions with their supervisor. An employee who does not agree with their performance review assessment should discuss it with their supervisor during or after the review discussion. The employee may provide a written response to be included with their performance review. An employee who does not feel comfortable taking their concerns to their supervisor may go up their supervisory chain to the level where they are comfortable voicing their concerns. Employees may also meet with the AVP for Human Resources to discuss any workplace issues.

Posted in: