Master of Science in Management
A Message from the Dean
The specially designed Master of Science in Management degree at Faulkner University offers excellent preparation for management within a highly effective timetable.
Our curriculum provides a strategic management perspective, applies leading-edge management theory to real-world problems and issues, and addresses ethical issues vital to today's business infrastructure. It focuses on team work and the empowerment process by providing a dynamic forum for new ideas and broadened perspectives. Qualified individuals, willing to accept an academic and knowledge building challenge, will find this program to be one of their best lifetime investments.
Dr. Dave Khadanga
Dean, Harris College of Business & Executive Education
Faulkner University offers, in an executive format, an accelerated graduate business and management degree program for professionals who intend to expand their career horizons. The Master of Science in Management is designed to develop and enhance business, leadership and management skills. Focus is placed on career development and enhancement with a curriculum that incorporates a managerial perspective with a futuristic approach to facilitate success in today's business world. The University, in this program, seeks to preserve the relationship between an executive-oriented educational experience and the dynamics of Christian belief through the inclusion of business ethics in the curriculum.
The M.S.M. is a graduate business program primarily designed to establish, create, promote, and enhance careers that revolve around management, statistical and quantitative methodology for decision making, marketing, management human resource management and various general business areas. The M.S.M. distinguishes itself with its innovative structuring, curriculum, and scheduling, enabling ad, current and potential executives, managers, supervisors and other professionals to earn an accredited Master's degree by utilizing either a one or two year track.
- To prepare one for employment and advancement in a wide range of positions requiring graduate business education.
- To enhance one's knowledge and skills for management functions.
- To develop understanding and appreciation for statistical and quantitative reasoning.
- To enhance one's knowledge of current managerial practices and trends.
- To augment one's skills in critical thinking and decision making for strategically positioning the institution or organization.
- To strengthen one's capacity to be effective in human resource management through understanding of skills essential for executive decision making.
- To prepare the manager for handling "crisis management" under varied circumstances.
- To develop awareness of group dynamics and organizational behavior.